First Passengers Today!

Sinistar

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Brad
It only took 3 weeks since the checkride...finally took up my wife and daughter :)

The daughter is 9, but she knows how to call shotgun. Little runt, as soon as I leveled off she asked to fly. I think she flew it for about 35 minutes!! Can't reach the pedals yet but loves steep turns.

I kidded with my wife...finally got her in the back seat :) Must admit, I was nervous on the landing. I've probably got 300 landings and she's probably got 50x that. Greased it!

I flew CAP for 13 years - I can fly out the rest of my years without ever having self-loading ballast in the airplane again. . .though I might give my grandkids a ride when they are a wee bit older.

I remember a buddy begging me to be my first pax when I passed my check ride. When I agreed he said something along the lines, “seriously! You mean you’ll take me before Stacie and the kids?!” I responded with, “of course. That’s my family. I need to take someone more disposable until I get a little more comfortable taking pax”.

He did not find it as humurous as me.

Can’t actually remember my first pax. Do however remember my first Solo.

I had my exam in the morning and flew with my wife that afternoon. She had flown in the back on several of my lessons so wasn't a big deal for her or me really. Still my favorite copilot.

I'll never forget my 1st flight with pax, my wife and daughter. We planned a little 45mi XC from the charlie where the club plane was based to an other airport for lunch and then back. Easy peasy!

We depart, and after I level off I tell approach I'm going to radio to open the flight plan my wife insisted on for our mighty 45mi flight, but app says they're not busy and he could do it for me. Right after that, app has a traffic advisory for me, traffic 10 oclock, 3mi, a Cessna westbound, my altitude. We're pretty much headed due south. "Looking" and my wife freaks. "You can't see him?" "Uh, a Cessna at 3mi is a spec." I continue to look, but no joy. She freaks more. *Click* I ask for an update on the traffic. "Traffic now 2 oclock, westbound, traffic no factor." "See dear, the traffic is now headed away from us." "But, but, but, he could turn back and hit us!" Extremely unlikely, I reply. "But, he *COULD* turn back and hit us, right?" I sigh, look at her, and ask "Do you want to go back?" "Yes, right now."

So I tell app that we'd like to return to the charlie. And on the radio I hear a very audible sigh and "I suppose you want me to cancel that flight plan I just opened for you?" "Um, yes sir, sorry."

Yea, I won't forget Lol.

I remember a buddy begging me to be my first pax when I passed my check ride. When I agreed he said something along the lines, “seriously! You mean you’ll take me before Stacie and the kids?!” I responded with, “of course. That’s my family. I need to take someone more disposable until I get a little more comfortable taking pax”.

He did not find it as humurous as me.

for those reasons sister first (didn't like her much) then mother (love my mother) LOL...

I had my exam in the morning and flew with my wife that afternoon. She had flown in the back on several of my lessons so wasn't a big deal for her or me really. Still my favorite copilot.
That was our plan too. But it was about -6F when the ride finished, ceilings dropped to OVC 800agl and light snow. Then 3wks of being crazy busy at work, nasty crosswinds, family stuff, crappy sinus cold, low ceilings and just darned cold.

Actually at any time during training, especially after soloing, my wife could have flown right seat. She would have logged the PIC time but I could have easily done all the flying. So then I once (stupidly) said: "Ya, you're probably not comfortable in the right seat". :stirpot: The response: "Ah, yeah honey. I've got like 1000hrs in a RIGHT SEAT :mad2:" I didn't go there again. However she did admit that flying right seat in the itty bitty 182 would definitely be worthy of some time with a CFI...if you can find a CFI that knows how to fly in the left seat :)

Back