first of the two happiest days

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
It was a twisty path to get here. I got as far as a prebuy on a Warrior a couple of years ago, then was thinking on and off about Tri-Pacers, Sonex, Cherokees, Luscombes, and Zeniths, but I finally got the keys to a club 182 yesterday.

At least I'm older than half her age plus seven.

Last edited:
Tapatalk must be having issues cause I don't see any pics of the plane in question.......

Congrats ,but we do love pictures.

It was a twisty path to get here. I got as far as a prebuy on a Warrior a couple of years ago, then was thinking on and off about Tri-Pacers, Sonex, Cherokees, Luscombes, and Zeniths, but I finally got the keys to a club 182 yesterday.

At least I'm older than half her age plus seven.

I don't know why but your avatar cracks me up. I keep thinking "one minute to Wapner" :lol:

After nearly a month of wx and mx delays, I finally got to fly.

The engine is nice. Real nice. It started smoothly and quickly despite 35F temps. Ticked along quietly in cruise.

With two up front and full long range tanks, the nose sure is heavier than I'm used to. Couldn't get it to stall with the yoke all the way back with the ASI off the bottom of the white arc. Easy to run out of trim.

Overall, it felt like a very solid and capable and versatile platform.

hhmmm, still broken after 3 weeks. I still can't see pics. mods, this site must be broken!

With two up front and full long range tanks, the nose sure is heavier than I'm used to. Couldn't get it to stall with the yoke all the way back with the ASI off the bottom of the white arc. Easy to run out of trim.

One really can't beat a 182, roomy, reasonably fast, and useful load excellent, especially compared to a 172 for instance. BTW it'll stall, did you do any stalls w/ a CFI during checkout?

After nearly a month of wx and mx delays, I finally got to fly.

The engine is nice. Real nice. It started smoothly and quickly despite 35F temps. Ticked along quietly in cruise.

If that's a full power stall, yes that can be difficult. Most people will use 20 inches for power on stalls.

If you can't stall it power off, you're not in the CG envelope. Check your W&B. Some 182s do need some ballast configured like you describe.

Done with time in type and HP endorsement. Flaps 40 is a hoot!

Hahaha I laughed so hard at that pic - thats all you got???

Tough crowd. Edited to add a better pic.

Wow - she is a beauty. No reason for being camera shy... Congrats!!!

Back