First flight ends in crash..

TERRIAN, TERRIAN

Little bugger couldnt control his sink rate and CFITed

More like a base jumper than a bird at that point.
That species needs a different plan!

My first (and second and third) flight ended with a crash. I taught myself to fly in a kite towed behind a boat and the two paragraphs of instruction that came with the kite were apparently insufficient. I did survive the crashes without serious injury and eventually mastered the kite on my own.

Birds first solo,needs a little more instruction.

"Hey guys, I know I'm only 4 days old, but hold my beer and watch this....."

Clearly, his wings were way too small for his massive set of balls... :D :yes:

I could barely watch it to the end. Glad that he seems to be OK. :)

I can hear David Attenborough narrating,

"Sadly this magnificent leap from the preferred nesting location has decimated the species, these are the only three left."

"This little fellow, however, is fine except his bill is now on the back of his head."

Attachments

• David.jpg
    David.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I watched this with my Grand-daughter, asking what we could learn about this behavior, she responded,
"Geese make horrible parents!"

That was painful to watch....maybe it reminded me of my first solo!

Definitely a stall-spin accident. Good thing his tanks were sealed otherwise he would have burst into flames.

I can't be the only one who watched that and wondered about the missing Red Bull logos.

Reminds me of what I think those wing suit guys are always just about to do...

I agree that his CFI signed him off too soon and the poor sap just stalled it in. You can clearly see he's holding full aft elevator and is just "mushing" it in. I am surprised (but GLAD) that he survived.
I wonder whether his second solo will go better. He sure needs a refresher on stall/spin awareness. "Push the nose down!!"

Back