First checkout/endorsement lesson on my plane

Which Cigar Forum, and what does "master for my molds" mean?
Cigar forum is cigarbum, it's easily found on tapatalk. Have you ever made molds?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Not really sure what you're implying.

You had been quiet for a little while as one member said above. Just making sure you’re staying out of trouble and keeping the blue side up and the brown side down.

Not to start a flame war, but....

There is no really good reason to go full forward on the props for landing. The conventional wisdom explanation is "in case of a go-around the props will already be full forward," but most pilots can look ahead on short final to see if anyone is in position to taxi out onto the runway or there is no small boy with a bicycle or a loose cow waiting to cross the runway. Pushing the props up while the engine is making power makes noise and is objectionable. The airplane will land perfectly well with the RPM at 2300 or 2400.

You had been quiet for a little while as one member said above. Just making sure you’re staying out of trouble and keeping the blue side up and the brown side down.
Gotcha, well that's nice of you.

I can't wait until my hollywood trip ends.

I will have to grab a cigar and go for a glass of scotch.

Got to wake up early to make it into the airport for checkin. 7am flight to John Wayne. ugh.

John Wayne and not Burbank? Meh, like it matters, I guess.

For commercial flight, all the choices around the area suck equally.
I didn't plan the trip. As I mentioned elsewhere, this is a trip where I pretend to be engaged and interested. I'm hoping the southwest airlines magazine is interesting. Going to the max factor museum, oooh ahhhh. This is the chair lucille ball got her makeup done. this room was used my marilyn monroe. oohh ahhh. I MAY enjoy a studio tour if they show us where props are crafted. That could be cool.

This is tantamount to being dragged to a marathon of chick flicks far away from home.

I'll stop griping now.

I said future trips we're flying in my plane, no ifs, ands, or buts. We're getting up at 5am and leaving the house for a 7am flight. gahhh

There is no really good reason to go full forward on the props for landing. The conventional wisdom explanation is "in case of a go-around the props will already be full forward," but most pilots can look ahead on short final to see if anyone is in position to taxi out onto the runway or there is no small boy with a bicycle or a loose cow waiting to cross the runway. Pushing the props up while the engine is making power makes noise and is objectionable. The airplane will land perfectly well with the RPM at 2300 or 2400.

Agreed 100%. And the airplane is going to climb just fine at 2300, 2400 or 2500 RPMs for the purpose of a go-around. Pretty easy to shove the prop forward once you shove the throttle forward, anyway.

John Wayne and not Burbank? Meh, like it matters, I guess.

For commercial flight, all the choices around the area suck equally.
It was burbank. Quaint airport.

Did my long solo x/c from CRQ to BUR in 2001. Was fun mixing it up with the 737s in a 152

No fun. In the 182 it’s the closest thing I have to thrust reversers:D:D:D

I kid. I try to keep it slowed done enough on final that by the time I go props forward there is no change

No fun. In the 182 it’s the closest thing I have to thrust reversers:D:D:D

I kid. I try to keep it slowed done enough on final that by the time I go props forward there is no change
That works. I like to go props forward before final - usually I do it when I reduce power at the beginning of my descent on downwind. But when flying a straight-in approach (most of the time on an instrument approach) obviously there is no downwind leg, so on "final" it is, usually just before dumping in the last of the flaps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back