First airplane you took flight in?

My first aircraft ride was a helicopter in Branson, MO when I was in high school. Make and model unknown.

My first airplane ride was a Shorts SD-330 commuter flight from Wichita Falls to D/FW when I was in college.

First plane that I actually flew was my first lesson in a Cessna 150 when I was 36.

The first plane I flew in was either a DC-10 or an L-1011 (I can't remember which, as we took both on that trip). I was about 7 years old at the time, and the pilots brought me up to the cockpit during preflight and showed me all of the fancy buttons and blinky lights. I was hooked on aviation from the start.

The first small plane I went up in was a Cessna 152 on an intro flight at KOSU.

Have to cogitate a bit on it, but I believe it was a Piedmont or Eastern Martin 404
The Martin 404 is my favorite airplane ever. My sister was a flight attendant on one for Marco Island Airways back in the 70's. I tried to find one to get a type in, but could not find and airworthy today.

172 when I was 5 or 6 years old, it was a short trip around the pattern at a local airshow with my dad and brother. The more interesting part about that flight I just found out a few weeks ago, the pilot who was flying that plane is my instrument instructor.

My first flight was in a Western Airlines DC-3 in 1957. First ride in a GA airplane was in a Gullwing Stinson in 1964. The first airplane I flew was a C-150, which I later soloed, in 1970.

Mark

Back