Fire in Delta jet cargo hold burns passenger

A local piece said something about a possible air conditioning problem. I'm not sure how that would involve an explosion resulting in fire. Supposedly, the actual passenger count (or possibly total with crew) was 259.

Lithium batteries in checked luggage or the bottle of shampoo that TSA required to be checked in was the culprit wasn't it?

Not shampoo, that's absurd (and allowed in checked bags)!!

It was the half finished bottle of Diet Coke someone had with them. Or possible a turkey sandwich. Either way, we shouldn't be allowed anything at all that is liquid, or could be liquid.

Well, at least the weather cooperated. More than I can say for last Saturday at GSP. And they had that nice 11,000 foot runway to play with. :D

It was the half finished bottle of Diet Coke someone had with them. Or possible a turkey sandwich. Either way, we shouldn't be allowed anything at all that is liquid, or could be liquid.

Don't give them any ideas. Next thing you know, they'll add toilets to the jetway and you'll have to pee immediately before boarding. The airlines will LOVE this, as they can replace the lavatories with additional seats.

If cargo bin fire, where were the smoke detectors and the fire bottles. The 757 and 767's I worked on had both.
Ron

Back