FIRC Review

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
FWIW and anyone interested. I just completed Gleim's FIRC which has been updated. Much improved. I tried AOPA's 2 years ago and it was good also. All of them probably are. Here's my review comments:

Dear Mark,
Thank you for taking the time to write us with your impressions of
Gleim's Flight Instructor Refresher Course (FIRC). Believe me when I say
we do not take praise casually. Your satisfaction is our goal. It is our
pleasure to do our best to develop materials that will allow you to
achieve your goals quickly, efficiently, and at a reasonable cost. It is
truly gratifying to read that you are pleased with the value you receive
for the time spent using Gleim products and services. I appreciate you
sharing such praise with us. Your continued use and recommendation of
Gleim's products is truly the biggest compliment we can receive.

If you should need my assistance at anytime please don't hesitate to
contact me.
Thanks again, fly safely and have a great day.
Sirinity Zimmermann, ACR/AGI/IGI

Name: Mark xxxxxxxx
Time Spent: Excellent
Amount Learned: Excellent
Chance to repurchase: Good
Chance to recommend: Good
Overall rating: Excellent

I have used Gleim's FIRC numerous times, and this version is very good and an improvement over the previous versions. I especially liked the references (links) that one just clicks on to find additional information and/or to enhance knowledge of various topics. I have added many of these to a folder for my CFI activities and reference. The course is a good overview of what a CFI should have knowledge of and what to teach. The course, I believe, encourages areas a CFI should study that they are perhaps weak or require refreshing in, such as the links for faasafety.gov courses. I plan are hitting a few of these myself. Overall, a very good course that CFIs will learn what they should be teaching, where to find additional information for the student as well as a CFI, and the invaluable reference links provided in the course. I enjoyed the course, learned a few new (and old) things, recognized areas I need further study in myself, and would gladly recommend the FIRC to other CFIs. Thank you.

Last edited:
[Picking myself from the floor] Card likes something that could not have possibly included boobies?

The times they are a changin' :)

I use AceCFI. It was the cheapest FIRC I could find. All of them are boring.

Back