Financal Management Tools

Len Lanetti

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Lenny
What software tools, like Intuit's Quicken & Turbo Tax, do you use to manage your personal finances.

I'm curious as I'm helping to organize a client conference at work (our clients are mostly investment managers) and I was thinking a discussion panel of the leading providers of such software would be interesting to our clients.

Thanks,

Len

I use Turbo Tax for taxes and an amalgam of my own financial models (derived from the ones I use for cost modeling at work) for my personal finance. It's a bit technical, but it works.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Quicken for my bank accounts, TurboTax for the returns.
Nothing sophisticated, and I use CheckFree or the vendor web sites for electronic bill paying .

Don't really do enough to use the features in Quicken for invoicing - I usually just whip out an invoice from Excel at the end of a task and get paid on the spot.

I'm about as simple as it gets so what I do is probably completely useless to anyone else.
I picked up dbase4 at a junk shop for $2 and wrote my own software based on exactly what I wanted it to do, NOT what someone else thinks I want. Bank accounts, bill cycle scheduling, funding/purchasing calculations, etc. The next programming session will even be able to print everything on my checks except the signature. It's kind of a work in progress with changes/additions as desired but it's completely open ended software so it'll do whatever I want it to do however I want it to do it. Canned software just does not have that kind of flexibility.

astanley said:
I use Turbo Tax for taxes and an amalgam of my own financial models (derived from the ones I use for cost modeling at work) for my personal finance. It's a bit technical, but it works.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Quickbooks, Although the Mac version really sucks

Back