Finaly took daughter flying :)

superdad

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
superdad
Picked up daughter from school yesterday and headed out to the FBO, let my CFII know ahead of time that she will be coming with, I showed her how to do a pre-flight check list ect.. Took off and flew over her school and a few other places she would be able to recognize. Flew for 1.7 hours and she had a blast. My CFII turned it into a IFR training so I was under the hood for a portion of the flight. My CFII was GREAT at making her feel safe, After we landed and headed to Taco bell I asked her what she thought. She said it was awesome to see how small the cars looked 4500' and how everything looked like squares with the streets. So we were sitting at taco bell and I was looking at the pics she took. She took about 9 pics of the ground and about 60 selfies. LOL I did have the CFII take a pic of her and I by the plane. So I am going to have a collage of some of the pics and frame it for her. Oh and she didn't get sick lol

Sounds like a great time.

Excellent, I look forward when i can take my friends and family up.

My 6 year old is airplane crazy. I await with eager anticipation the day I can take her somewhere for a hamburger in an airplane.

She will spend hours sitting next to me on flight sims being my copilot and reading checklists.

The other day she informed me that I had "did it wrong" because I hadn't adjusted my mixture for cruise on the A2A cherokee 180

This stuff always puts a great big smile on my face! :) :yes:

Way to live up to your name!

Sounds like fun, glad it was a positive experience for the both of you. Can't wait to do that someday with my kids.

She has called me every day to ask when we are going up again. :) :)

How much of it do you think is the airplane ride and how much of it do you think is just the excuse to spend time with Dad?

Off topic now but maybe vaguely relevant someday to somebody who might read this thread... My dad used to always make up some kind of weird excuse to call me--usually a computer or programming question. I never was sure if he was calling to pick my brain or to hear my voice and eventually I told him I'd like to know the difference. After that he would just call and say he was wondering how I was doing and just wanted to talk. It felt much better. :)

Very cool. My son was born three days ago. I'm looking forward to the day when I can teach him how to fly. In the meantime, we already have a car seat base ready for the backseat when it's time to go somewhere.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Mine lasted from age 11-13, then it was hanging out with friends and suddenly I was no longer cool :wink2:

Back