Finally went flying with my best friend.

Oh, yeah!!! I want to take our Husky flying this weekend. She loves car/Jeep rides and she’s very mellow. I think she would look out the window for a little while and then curl up and sleep until we land.

Could you tell if the dog had ear pressure discomfort in that altitude?

Awesome Pic!! I always wondered if those muffs actually worked (stayed put).

F376BD8E-27B8-456D-8CA6-CDC15D5FF2A2.jpeg We picked our dog up as a puppy with the plane, 3.5 years ago. She wants to go everywhere, all the time, more of a pain in the butt now. I haven’t brought her now that she’s grown, usually leaver her in a shaded kennel at the airport for short flights.

Oh, yeah!!! I want to take our Husky flying this weekend. She loves car/Jeep rides and she’s very mellow. I think she would look out the window for a little while and then curl up and sleep until we land.

Yep, not enough smelly stuff to keep one’s interest at altitude. New smells at the destination though!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My basset hound released so much gas climbing from 480' MSL to 7,500' that I thought I'd need a cleanup in aisle six. But luckily, nothing solid [or liquid] escaped. At my destination I found him another ride 300 miles home, not wanting to tempt fate.

Any tips to prep them for flight? No food x hours before flying? Does he have a seat belt harness on? Shallow climb out rate?

A buddy of mine take the GF and three dogs in his Lance everywhere they go. Every vacation. They are big dogs too!!!

To answer a few questions.

Any tips to prep them for flight? No food x hours before flying? Does he have a seat belt harness on? Shallow climb out rate?
He hadn't ate in a few hours but that wasn't by design. He's wearing a harness that was attached via a short leash to the seat belt. I kept all maneuvers fairly smooth. Well, except for the Immelman. I screwed the pooch on that one. Oh wait... that's probably not a good choice of words in this instance. :confused:

that hurts. i thought i was your best friend. until today. Good looking dog though, so I kind of understand.

Yeah, my wife had the same belief that you did. She was wrong too. ;)

Awesome Pic!! I always wondered if those muffs actually worked (stayed put).

I might just need to adjust them so they stay put though the only way to do that might be to make them too tight.

Could you tell if the dog had ear pressure discomfort in that altitude?

He didn't say anything about it if he did.

looks like he's having a wonderful time!

We both did. :)

Awesome!!!

We have ours harnessed in the back seat - haven' tried the font seat yet. I think he's just big enough that he might try wiggle around in it and come off and get yanked tight by the harness/seatbelt. But then again the 182 seat can slide way....way...back so maybe its worth a try.

Ours sits up a lot, looks out a bit and then just tries to get comfortable. We probably need to fly more with him. He is most nervous durint takeoff (full engine power/noise) and coming in to land - probably that falling feeling. But when we land and crack the window open it like a million new smells and he's ready to go.

We don't feed him close to flying. Just a little water. And my wife or daughter usually take him for a 20 minute walk while I preflight, put away the car, etc.

So awesome! One reason I'm working on license so I can take dog and wife somewhere, we always miss ours while on vacation.
Since we all love dogs, here's Izzy watching Notre Dame
b06719056ffcb1bb5172e0f90ebb8066.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That's what happens when the ear gear is on my dogs. They take 3.5-hour flights twice per year, and the protection is typically removed early in flight.

Does anybody have experience with hearing protection that fidgety dogs can't easily remove/dislodge?

I tried the sets from Four Paws Aviation (same as the set in @SkyDog58 's pictures, I believe). They also have a chin strap, but the sets slide back from the head to uselessly encircle the neck. The Mutt Muffs appear to have a more robust strap, but I'm not sure how much more secure this would make things.

I may buy one set to test.

Our boxer/border collie mix unconcerned about the pending 9500’ DA takeoff in our Lance at Pagosa Springs, CO in July.
08F3844E-DC43-4157-B77A-025B9758321C.jpeg

Back