Finally, there!

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
We closed on the sale of our business on Friday. I am finally retired!
(again). I tried it once before but it didn't take, and to be honest, I don't think it will last too long this time either. There are only so many fish to catch and so many golf balls to hit and so much avgas I can afford before I need to find something else when I get bored. But for now, I am enjoying the freedom of not having to worry about payroll, Obamacare, incompetent employees wanting raises, people calling in sick when our schedule is double booked all day, the toilets leaking, the computers crashing, inconsiderate and rude client, government audits and inspections etc etc . . .

But for now, I am free!

Last edited:
I bet that feels better than the first solo.

Congratulations.

Congratulations!! A major accomplishment. I suspect your "retirement" (you are only leaving a job - not life) will be satisfying and rewarding. It's a big world out there, lots of things to see and do.

Gary

Now where's that lunch you promised? Or is there no such thing as a free one? :D

Congrats!!
Yes, there can be a free lunch. I promised and I will deliver as soon as possible.

We are planning a flight from Ormond Beach, Florida to Catalina Island, CA around Oct 10. How far are you from our flight path? We plan to take around 2 weeks or more.

Congrats! I don't expect to ever retire in the classic sense. I enjoy productive things too much. But enjoy it til the next adventure!

I have a company I will sell you when you want the headaches back....

Yes, there can be a free lunch. I promised and I will deliver as soon as possible.

We are planning a flight from Ormond Beach, Florida to Catalina Island, CA around Oct 10. How far are you from our flight path? We plan to take around 2 weeks or more.

:D

As practicable is just fine too! I'm in Norman, OK (just south of OKC). I work weekends but I'll be at/near an airport either way :yes:

A bit north of your optimal route (through TX) but doable if you're taking your time. Also not required if you want to enjoy the retirement instead of stopping off here for me :lol:

:D

As practicable is just fine too! I'm in Norman, OK (just south of OKC). I work weekends but I'll be at/near an airport either way :yes:

A bit north of your optimal route (through TX) but doable if you're taking your time. Also not required if you want to enjoy the retirement instead of stopping off here for me :lol:
The biggest issue is that I am retired, but my wife isn't. She is going to continue on as a part time associate veterinarian in the practice we sold. We will be taking about two and a half weeks for the trip. Our plan is to make the best time we can out to Catalina, and take our time, if there is any left) for the return flight. Weather delays, mechanical issues or just plain fun may slow us down and we may have to expedite our return. But if all goes well, we will see if we can add OUN to our route. She is talking about taking a detour to Santa Fe, so maybe after that we can stop and buy you lunch on our way back.

Stick around for awhile ---- allow yourself time to, if the urge ever arises, try to figure where you came up with all the spare time need to allow you to have a job.

Retirement is the way life was intended to be

The biggest issue is that I am retired, but my wife isn't. She is going to continue on as a part time associate veterinarian in the practice we sold. We will be taking about two and a half weeks for the trip. Our plan is to make the best time we can out to Catalina, and take our time, if there is any left) for the return flight. Weather delays, mechanical issues or just plain fun may slow us down and we may have to expedite our return. But if all goes well, we will see if we can add OUN to our route. She is talking about taking a detour to Santa Fe, so maybe after that we can stop and buy you lunch on our way back.

Sure thing! I'll be around either way :goofy:

Stick around for awhile ---- allow yourself time to, if the urge ever arises, try to figure where you came up with all the spare time need to allow you to have a job.

Retirement is the way life was intended to be
That is my feeling exactly!

We closed on the sale of our business on Friday. I am finally retired!
(again). I tried it once before but it didn't take, and to be honest, I don't think it will last too long this time either. There are only so many fish to catch and so many golf balls to hit and so much avgas I can afford before I need to find something else when I get bored. But for now, I am enjoying the freedom of not having to worry about payroll, Obamacare, incompetent employees wanting raises, people calling in sick when our schedule is double booked all day, the toilets leaking, the computers crashing, inconsiderate and rude client, government audits and inspections etc etc . . .

But for now, I am free!
Congratulations! :cheerswine:

Congratulations!

You can always join Wal-Mart as a greeter for the next job. :)

David

Congrats,retirement is not an easy experience,takes some getting used to. Try to enjoy it.

The biggest issue is that I am retired, but my wife isn't. She is going to continue on as a part time associate veterinarian in the practice we sold.

Atta boy! Keep your wife working for 100LL. :D

Congrats to you both.

That's wonderful news. Enjoy it for all of us.

Congrats!! Go have some fun, fly the plane, do some traveling.

I retired in March, haven't looked back.

I guess with all that extra free time that means we'll be reading a lot more of your ramblings. :D

Seriously, congratulations. That's an awesome milestone.

Back