Finally made the leap

Henry Stache

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
HenryStache
Well... I finally joined. I've used the forum for a few years now for advice, genius mtx hacks, etc. I'm 20 and fly a 1973 Cessna Cardinal 177B. I am from the North Texas area but go to school at Purdue, for Aeronautical Engineering Technology and Pro Flight. I am bringing my bird up to KLAF in the spring time. Hoping to be a bit more active on here now and meet many more great aviation folks!

I am also big into aviation photography, and have a photo window STC in my plane that makes a great aerial photo platform. If your plane can go under 130 knots I can make some amazing portraits of it!.

Here's my bird (kinda hard to take my own photo of it)

Attachments

• Ipanema Ranger.jpg
    Ipanema Ranger.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 71
Well... I finally joined. I've used the forum for a few years now for advice, genius mtx hacks, etc. I'm 20 and fly a 1973 Cessna Cardinal 177B. I am from the North Texas area but go to school at Purdue, for Aeronautical Engineering Technology and Pro Flight. I am bringing my bird up to KLAF in the spring time. Hoping to be a bit more active on here now and meet many more great aviation folks!

I am also big into aviation photography, and have a photo window STC in my plane that makes a great aerial photo platform. If your plane can go under 130 knots I can make some amazing portraits of it!.

Welcome. Even though you're making me jealous. I used to own a Cardinal, but no more

Pretty cool. I fly a 1976 177B out of KEYE, which is about 30 minutes by air south of KLAF.

Welcome! I have flown both 150 and 180 HP Cardinals, like them both.

Goes to Purdue. Owns a high wing.
Two strikes...he better be on good behavior.

Be on the lookout for the midwest breakfast/lunch meetup we try to do about once a month.

Two strikes...he better be on good behavior.

Be on the lookout for the midwest breakfast/lunch meetup we try to do about once a month.

Well, if you consider those two outstanding attributes to be strikes, I can only imagine what you'd call him being from Texas.
:stirpot:

Hey neighbor.

Welcome to POA! Nice plane!

Looking forward to meeting you. I’m based at KLAF, hangared next to another Purdue student with a 120 and another at the end with an SR22 (you guys probably all know each other); and met another on POA last week who I’m gonna get together with later this week. You guys make me feel young.

I’m in a blue & white 182 with front mounted elevator canards, can’t miss it..

We need a POA lunch at South Street Smokehouse. Just need some vehicles to transport us. :)

Used to live in Lafayette. First child was born there. Good memories of our time there. I'm now an hour flight away in Peoria.

We need a POA lunch at South Street Smokehouse. Just need some vehicles to transport us. :)

Used to live in Lafayette. First child was born there. Good memories of our time there. I'm now an hour flight away in Peoria.
Absolutely love it here, first time really being in the Midwest having lived down south but it's great!

Welcome to POA! Nice plane!

Looking forward to meeting you. I’m based at KLAF, hangared next to another Purdue student with a 120 and another at the end with an SR22 (you guys probably all know each other); and met another on POA last week who I’m gonna get together with later this week. You guys make me feel young.

I’m in a blue & white 182 with front mounted elevator canards, can’t miss it..
YES! That would be Mr. Evan Pearce and Josh Hart respectively in the 120 and Cirri. And Jake too. We're all good buddies. We'll have to meet soon!

College student with an SR22? Wow.

Welcome.

Some students get Porsche’s or Ferrari’s or Lambo’s for college. Some students get an SR22. Hehe

But for real, SR22 is an investment now. Used ones are selling for more than the new prices. Even you’d see a 4-5 year old plane asking the same price as a new one, but 5 years ago it was like 20-25% cheaper bought new so they might be getting a profit!

Some students get Porsche’s or Ferrari’s or Lambo’s for college. Some students get an SR22. Hehe

But for real, SR22 is an investment now. Used ones are selling for more than the new prices. Even you’d see a 4-5 year old plane asking the same price as a new one, but 5 years ago it was like 20-25% cheaper bought new so they might be getting a profit!
Yeah the owner of the SR 22 is actually classmate of mine. Actually flies his dad around for his business.

Welcome to POA.
Great looking plane.

Wow, what an incredibly smart young man. Goes to Purdue. Owns a high wing.

Walking into the high wing’s flaps probably caused the brain injury that forced him into Purdue instead of entering Ga Tech like the best of aspiring engineers.
:D

(Just kidding, @Henry Stache . Purdue is actually a fine choice for anyone who couldn’t get into GT, so try to hold your head up, at least when you’re not ducking under a wing. WELCOME TO POA!!)

Back