Finally I Did It!!!!! :-)

Congratulations Brook, or, more appropriately, Captain BROOK!

Odd isn't it that people do not believe we have heat in the plane. I'm not sure what they expect but I think the heat is quite sufficient.

I'll fly with you any time.

Way to go Brook, now go out and have some fun. Maybe you can make it to the Wings Fly BQ in May. You have a place to stay if you make it.

Bob

w00t.gif
have I told you how utterly cool this is? I actually started shrieking when I saw your modest little note, which started off my two parrots.
fly.gif
Now you need to come to the PacNorthwest, instrument training capitol of the US. (And yeah, we'll put you up in Portland. :D)
fly.gif

Way to go, Brooke. Nice job. So, how does it feel to be passed the rough part?

And there are some planes that don't have any real heat in them.

Odd isn't it that people do not believe we have heat in the plane. I'm not sure what they expect but I think the heat is quite sufficient.
[Old Joke Mode ON] The propeller is on the plane to keep the pilot cool. Watch him sweat as soon as it stops in flight!

[OJM OFF]

And my congratulations to Brook as well! You go, Girl!

-Skip

CONGRATULATIONS Brook! :yes: :goofy: :yes: When are we meeting half way for a meal? Ah heck, come all the way to Nashville!

Last edited:
Why is this in Lessons Learned? Something bad happen on the ride?

Hooray Brook! Major congratulations on all of your hard work.

When you consider that there are about 610,000 certificated pilots in the U.S. (using 2005 FAA figures, FWIW), and women represent about 6 percent of that number, you *know* you're part of a special group.

Best wishes and safe skies,
Jill

Well, congratu-frickin'-lations! WAY TO GO! All that hard work paid off. :yes:

Next up: Elizabeth....

Well, congratu-frickin'-lations! WAY TO GO! All that hard work paid off. :yes:

Next up: Elizabeth....

yes, next up! I have flown exactly once since my solo on October 21. sigh. and since I'm traveling a lot this month and in January, I will be lucky to fly 3-4 times before the end of January. February should be a little better time-wise. but the current plan is to finish before May 3, which is my 4th anniversary of my first lesson. I gotta write out my stats like Brooke did in her other posting...

yes, next up! I have flown exactly once since my solo on October 21. sigh. and since I'm traveling a lot this month and in January, I will be lucky to fly 3-4 times before the end of January. February should be a little better time-wise. but the current plan is to finish before May 3, which is my 4th anniversary of my first lesson. I gotta write out my stats like Brooke did in her other posting...

So, your life gets in the way of flying, too? ;) I got up Labor Day weekend. Next flight was 89 days later. Now I'm stuck in Taiwan on business. My wife already has my Christmas vacation planned out, hope weather and time conspire to allow me some flying. Otherwise, mid January before I'm free again. Got to break free and get serious about that instrument ticket.

Go for it. You'll be ready before May.

So, your life gets in the way of flying, too? ;) I got up Labor Day weekend. Next flight was 89 days later. Now I'm stuck in Taiwan on business. My wife already has my Christmas vacation planned out, hope weather and time conspire to allow me some flying. Otherwise, mid January before I'm free again. Got to break free and get serious about that instrument ticket.

Go for it. You'll be ready before May.

I think you need to start sending me postcards! back in the day I used to collect them and my fridge was entirely covered - front and visible parts of the sides - with them. (ok, I cheated, several I had sent to myself - but still).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back