finally found a reason to use paper sectionals

rbridges

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rbridges
I flew to destin this weekend and forgot my sun shields. Destin Jet gave me an old sectional to shove against the windshield for the weekend.

Try doing that with an ipad and foreflight. :lol:

I may very well be the only person on the planet who likes to take out old sectionals and just look at them and plan imaginary flights.

I may very well be the only person on the planet who likes to take out old sectionals and just look at them and plan imaginary flights.

I do that on skyvector ;)

Just after I got my certifiate, I flew from TYS -> AND in South Carolina for an airshow. The featured performer for the show was the RCAF Snowbirds team. I still have my sectional from that flight with the signature of Snowbird #1 in Snowbird MOA. Can't do that with skyvector!

I keep one at my desk and draw course lines all over it. It's getting pretty ragged and mostly held together with tape (expired Nov 24, 2004). Time for an update.

I hear you can also use them to navigate. Is this true? Whenever I want to go direct to destination a magenta line doesn't magically pop up. I think my sectionals are broken

Just after I got my certifiate, I flew from TYS -> AND in South Carolina for an airshow. The featured performer for the show was the RCAF Snowbirds team. I still have my sectional from that flight with the signature of Snowbird #1 in Snowbird MOA. Can't do that with skyvector!
No, but you can do that with an iPad and a Sharpie:rofl:

We've been ironing and polyurethaning sectional charts onto table tops at the hotel. They look pretty retro, nowadays.

I still keep a box of sectionals, low alt enroutes, and plates in my back seat. Sometimes it's just easier that way than scrolling.

Back