Finally first solo!

Yes.. I can only imagine that my long xcountry will probably feel great also.. I will keep everyone posted. I need to start prepping for my oral portion.. so if any tips let me know

Divide the universe into those questions that you have to know the answer to RIGHT NOW, and those that you will reasonably have time to look up before or during the flight. Commit the RIGHT NOW questions to memory, and the look up questions not so much. Do spend enough time with the books to know where to find the lookup questions promptly and you will do fine. -Skip

Well my first solo adventure other than pattern work.. ever since i did my first solo weather hasn't been great so I just stayed in the pattern. But yesterday it was good enough. Attached is a picture of the hazy Texas afternoon. I practiced steep turns, slow flight, power off stalls. I did feel to comfortable doing the manuvers. I guess I was just use to a CFI next to me. But I flew around and was learning one of my practice areas. I was paying attention to landmarks . It was great. I did 4 touch n go's and they all felt great.. very soft landings that I impressed my self lol. Hopefully I get to do my solo xcountry soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20170526_195533_531.jpg
    IMG_20170526_195533_531.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 17
First solo was a very special day. Congratulations. The only other better day was last friday...the day the DPE told me he was "going to make me a pilot today".

Congrats!
That feeling will stay with you forever. I soloed back in January but when I think about it, I still get goosebumps and a sweet warm feeling inside that I was the master of my universe! ;)

Congrats Carlos! You'll feel almost as good when you finish your solo cross country...almost. ;)

That's great! The only better day is passing the check ride.

Back