Finally Did It! [N/A]

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
It's taken 14 years, a lot of frustration, a lot of money, a lot of practice, 3 sets of equipment, but I finally did it. I shot my first even par round of golf. Good way to spend Labor Day. Double Bonus: My round was paid for by someone else. :yes:

Dude,
super incredible amazing congrats!
I'm still trying to break 100. Thought I got a 99 the other day, but when I got home I re-added, and it came to exactly 100. Still the best round of my life.
It's much harder to put a golf ball where you want it than an airplane. Would you agree? I feel pretty confident that I could hit the flagstick with a piper warrior 9 out of 10 times, but I think I've chipped in for birdie once.
How many birdies/pars/bogies on your round?
DW

When I was 13-15 I shot in the 80s consistently. It's been downhill ever since.

But now that I live in a golf course community, perhaps I'll get enough practice to avoid the inconsistency that has plagued me for decades.

deafsound said:
Dude,
super incredible amazing congrats!
I'm still trying to break 100. Thought I got a 99 the other day, but when I got home I re-added, and it came to exactly 100. Still the best round of my life.
It's much harder to put a golf ball where you want it than an airplane. Would you agree? I feel pretty confident that I could hit the flagstick with a piper warrior 9 out of 10 times, but I think I've chipped in for birdie once.
How many birdies/pars/bogies on your round?
DW

Was only a 9 hole round - but 2 birdies, 2 bogeys, 5 pars. I chipped in for birdie to start the round, and knocked down a 20 footer for the other one. The 2 bogeys should never have happened. Was 120 yards out and plyed it in 4 from there. The other one, I blame the course for not marking the distance to carry a creek. (Didn't go in, but carried it through the fairway, and had to waste a shot.)

N2212R said:
I shot my first even par round of golf. Good way to spend Labor Day. . :yes:

Congrats! I play very little, but love to watch pro golf on TV (go figure). Good for you!

Edfred,

Awesome! Good for you. When we have the PoA scramble event I'll be in your foursome. :yes:

I was a late bloomer and didn't start playing golf until I was in my 30's. I worked to get my handicap down in single digits but nowhere near scratch. Four years ago I was standing on the green of number 13 at our local club. I was working hard to save double bogey and was so mad I couldn't see. Just then an airplane flew over and (of course) I looked up. I thought to myself, "I've never feel this way when I fly. Why am I doing this?" I quit the club the next day and have played in only three charity scrambles since then.

So congratulations. You deserve it. :cheerswine: But you can keep the game of golf all to yourself. I'll be at the airport if you need me.

Ed, I have never been a big fan of golf, playing as a business necessity (sponsored holes at tourneys, wtc.); but I have managed to shoot under 80 a few times, and was really proud of that accomplishment.
Of course, I always seem to fade on the back 9, and shoot quite a bit higher!

gibbons said:
I was working hard to save double bogey and was so mad I couldn't see.

Have you ever discovered how much stress can be relieved by heaving a pitching wedge 75 yards? :D

SCCutler said:
Of course, I always seem to fade on the back 9, and shoot quite a bit higher!

My back nine is always stronger. Should have played 18. Oh well.

A guy on my golf league gave me this nugget of wisdom.

If you:
Regularly golf 100 or over - you should probably give up. It's just not your game.
Golf in the 90's - you probably golf once a week or less.
Golf in the 80's - you probably golf 2-3 times a week and are working on your game.
Golf in the 70's - you don't have a job

I golf once a week (maybe twice). I started when I was 12. At 15 I was shooting bogey. 30 years later I still shoot bogey.
Guess I need to retire..... :yes:
EB
________
Free Xxx Amateur Videos

Last edited:
bubba said:
Golf in the 70's - you don't have a job

Sherry's Dad retired at 55, and is 65 now. Plays 4-5 days a week, he's a 3 handicap on his own course, and does damned well elsewhere.

He lives, breathes, eats golf.

Ken Ibold said:
I once climbed a tree to retrieve my friend's 3-wood.

My best "throwing a club" story:

My business partner used to be famous for throwing clubs. I've had to duck a couple of drivers and a three wood or two. Once, when he missed a short put he heaved his brand new high-dollar putter toward a pond. "I HATE this %&#^$ing putter!"

Well, he missed the pond and the putter landed in a bunker near by. He made a comment about not even being able to hit the pond with his *^&%$ing new putter and headed off to retrieve it. When he picked it up, he cocked back to throw it into the pond - this time close enough to guarantee it would find it's way to the bottom.

One of our playing partners screamed at him, "Don't throw that putter in the pond! I'll give you $50 for it right now. My partner turned to him and looked at the $150 putter he was holding. I thought that good sense would win the day when he calmed down and said "Sold. You've bought yourself a putter." With that he tossed the putter over his shoulder into the water. "I just threw your new putter into the pond. You owe me $50." I laughed so hard I thought I was going to cry.

Given that I've yet to break 120...

If I took golf seriously I'd have to quit, I'd be so frustrated. Lady Churchill was correct when she referred to golf as a nice walk ruined by a little white ball. :D

That is awesome, I once had an even par round going through 12 holes and ended up in the 80s, talk about frustrating, but i enjoy the game a lot.

Back