Finally back in the air!!

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
Today marks my first day back In the airplane since I broke my leg in sept! I broke my leg a week before my IFR chedkride. Our club plane just came out an annual and I went up with a friend/pilot for a post mx rundown. She flew great and I didn’t have any issues whatsoever!! Felt real good to get back in the plane. Even remembered how the yoke works!!!
The stars are aligning further. My CFI will be off the next two weeks so we will have time to get up and get some training in.

Me too after three months of upgrades. I have to go fly through the FAA hoops to get my transponder recorded for the rebate in a few minutes.
Our plane went in for annual week after my break. Our local shop lost 7 out of 9 mechanics!! Did upgrade to LED landing light and fuel selector had to get rebuilt. The running joke in the club was that my leg was going to heal before plan got out of annual.

Today marks my first day back In the airplane since I broke my leg in sept! I broke my leg a week before my IFR chedkride. Our club plane just came out an annual and I went up with a friend/pilot for a post mx rundown. She flew great and I didn’t have any issues whatsoever!! Felt real good to get back in the plane. Even remembered how the yoke works!!!
The stars are aligning further. My CFI will be off the next two weeks so we will have time to get up and get some training in.

Me too after three months of upgrades. I have to go fly through the FAA hoops to get my transponder recorded for the rebate in a few minutes.

Congratulations Guys!!! :cheers:

I'm curious as to when you earned your PPL.

Was this your longest layoff?

Do you have children?

How often (pre breakage) would you fly if not training?

I LOVE aviation. Read it. Watch it. It's a lot of money and time away from family to enjoy, so I rarely did. I'm always excited for others when I hear things like this.

Got to go up with CFI today for first lesson since the injury. What great day. Lots of hard IMC. Howling winds. 30-40 deg course corrections on final. GS 60-65 kts on final in a 182.
Picked up a little ice - something that I have never done. Something I’m very scared of. But glad I got to fly in the weather that It potentially can happen. Learned where to look for it, on plane and cloud wise. What to think about when getting some on and how to get rid of it.
He’s thinking two more lessons to dust off the cobwebs and work on a couple of things again and checkride time. Hoping in about two weeks!!

I'm curious as to when you earned your PPL.

Was this your longest layoff?

Do you have children?

How often (pre breakage) would you fly if not training?

I LOVE aviation. Read it. Watch it. It's a lot of money and time away from family to enjoy, so I rarely did. I'm always excited for others when I hear things like this.
Sorry missed this.
Ppl in 1999

Took about 15 yr off after 2003.

2 kids 7 &9 - boys

Restarted flying about a year ago.

Fly probably 2 times a month outside of working on IFR.

Friend wise it’s pilots and CrossFit. Two cults. lol. My fam is the right size for our club plane now and we have family that we like to see out of the area and love going to OCNJ. The plane just makes that easy. The IFR will allow for more missions and flexibility.

Sorry missed this.
Ppl in 1999

Took about 15 yr off after 2003.

2 kids 7 &9 - boys

Restarted flying about a year ago.

Fly probably 2 times a month outside of working on IFR.

Friend wise it’s pilots and CrossFit. Two cults. lol. My fam is the right size for our club plane now and we have family that we like to see out of the area and love going to OCNJ. The plane just makes that easy. The IFR will allow for more missions and flexibility.

Did CrossFit take out your leg? There are sooooooo many injuries suffered by practitioners of CrossFit.

Did CrossFit take out your leg? There are sooooooo many injuries suffered by practitioners of CrossFit.
No running with kids. Foot landed in a hole and knee buckled back.
I own a CF box and train as well when not working the day job. There are a lot of injuries when done wrong as with anything. I find a lot of injuries have to do with programming and training mentality. I teach and program more about functional movement for injury prevention and proper scaling. Too often ppl get stuck on wanting to do it like the pros-that’s what get them hurt!!

Back