FINALLY...after 6 cancellations due to weather, I'm a real pilot :-D

FLYGUYRY

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan_M
Passed my check ride with flying colors yesterday and man does it feel good. My examiner was great and honestly I really didn't have any problems with anything, granted I had plenty of time to study and have been working on my instrument about 15 hours or so which probably didn't hurt.

A lot of people do write-ups so I won't bore everyone with the details, but if I had one piece of advice for anyone it would be to R E L A X. I was a little nervous flying to the DPEs office but once I got up in the air I felt good and stayed pretty relaxed throughout the whole exam. I think a lot of people might rush to answer questions when they really aren't sure or need to think about it and end up digging themselves a hole, I made a dedicated effort to take some time to think a few questions through before I answered and I felt like it helped me a lot.

Now its time to log some more PIC and knock out that instrument rating in a few months

Another cool point is that looking through my logbook I realized I took my very first intro to flight (and logged hours) exactly one year ago to the day I got my license. Def makes it easy to remember the date :D

Last edited:
Congrats and thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nice! A huge congrats to you.

Great advice about relaxing. Before my check ride, I kept drinking and breathalyzing until I was just under 0.04.

(Kidding of course! :D)

Well done!
Congratulations!!
You have just completed the second step towards perpetual personal aviation poverty.
The first step was walking into that flight school and signing up for lessons. :eek:
The next step in the program is buying your own airplane. :D
My advice...either marry well (rich), or get used to lots of mac & cheese, like the rest of us.;)

I missed this thread earlier, but congratulations (a little late)!!

Congratulations! I envy you, I'm a long ways away from my PPL. I can only imagine but bet you are feeling great right now!

Good job!

Thanks everyone! Sometimes still kind of hard for me to believe, very excited to take some friends and family up soon though.

Back