Final flight as a student

Fast airplane you have. Looked like a lot of turbulence; your head was bouncing quickly quite a bit there. And you were taxing at 60 miles an hour as well....... :rolleyes:

Haven’t seen the video but congrats on passing the ride and sorry to break the bubble but

It’s a license to learn ...

License to learn - Bond, James Bond. Double O 172.

I get it, I get it. Bunch of killjoys around here aren’t ya. Yes, a good pilot is always learning, it’s a license to learn-but it’s not a license.

The weather was just good enough for my son to go for a ride and he said it was fun. I asked if he wanted me to do steep turns and he said sure. Halfway around, he says- dad can you level out please.... Figured I’d keep it simple at that point and avoided anything abrupt.

Attachments

• 5A5632BF-1912-444E-9235-B74B71DC7936.jpeg
    5A5632BF-1912-444E-9235-B74B71DC7936.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 32
Fast airplane you have. Looked like a lot of turbulence; your head was bouncing quickly quite a bit there. And you were taxing at 60 miles an hour as well....... :rolleyes:
My father in law actually thought the sped up video was real-time and commented that the plane goes really fast. Well, sure it’s faster than driving from point to point, but not as fast as that video makes it look.:)

Low wing, good man. I’d have passed u on that alone.
I really do love flying the piper Cherokee with its low wings. Sadly, the wife likes the high wings of a Cessna so my flights in the Cherokee will be reduced a fair amount.

I flew a Piper Cherokee for a decade. Traded it for a Mooney. Way faster. The OP’s ride looked like a Goldwing. I had one of those, a survivor from the 80s. Got tired of fixing it, so I sold it.

I flew a Piper Cherokee for a decade. Traded it for a Mooney. Way faster. The OP’s ride looked like a Goldwing. I had one of those, a survivor from the 80s. Got tired of fixing it, so I sold it.
Yes, that's my other ride. A 2008-ish Goldwing, had it so long now I'm not even sure on the year. Its treated me well and I enjoy taking it out for sure. Don't think I'll ever give up the motorcycle thing as I'm a certified instructor and enjoy the heck out of it. Fun fact, last Fathers day I asked for flight lessons of a rather expensive motorcycle training course in Canada. The motorcycle training course while expensive, was far less than flight lessons and my wife knew it. She almost gave me a heart attack when she said to go with the flight lessons.

Love the gold wing. I did motorcycles for last 15 years. My 2003 Yamaha FZ1 was only ridden once last year however - I think it’s time to move on to next hobby.

Loved the track days and riding in the country but I was never one to be dragging knees in the curves. Wife is much happier with this new hobby. A lot safer.

Awe heck, I drag a knee on my Goldwing from time to time. I tell the students in my classes that the Goldwing is really a sportsbike that ate too much for breakfast.

I've owned 70+ Goldwings, and have done a knee drag on more than a few. :)

Never tracked one. I have a Speed Triple and a Gixxer for the track.

Owners that short-shift their Goldwings never get to experience the turbine-like nature of that engine, and it's a shame.

Few things finer than riding to the airport to go flying.

I've owned 70+ Goldwings, and have done a knee drag on more than a few. :)

Never tracked one. I have a Speed Triple and a Gixxer for the track.

Owners that short-shift their Goldwings never get to experience the turbine-like nature of that engine, and it's a shame.

Had a 98 Aspencade that I loved. I immediate tossed the air shocks and put on a set of works performance coil overs 1” longer that stock. Then Race-Teched the forks, and added Galfer brake lines and pads.

My favorite thing to do with that bike was squid hunting at the Gap. Oh those were the days! And yes, I bounced that thing off the rev limiter more times than I can count.

I’ll own another someday but presently enjoying the hell out of my R1200GS water boxer.

I've had an R6 track bike for a while, it was a blast. But the one of the funnest - even at the track - was an old Ninja 250. I'd putter down the straights being passed at light speed. But in the corners - I'd outbreak the Gixxers, lean more, throttle up sooner out of the apex. It was a hoot. They'd eventually pass me on the straight, and then back into the corners we go.

Miata = Girl Car , so sayeth my friends son
That said I have a 2008 MX5 with 35000 miles . It has every thing but heated seats and a power roof. Nice car , Lots of fun to run through Glacier Parks "Going to the Sun " and the east slopes lodges.

Back