Final Cessna Citation Mustang

I just don't think the VLJ market is very strong. Too many other used options out there for less. But, if i was set on new and I had 2 million to spend on a jet, then I've got enough to spend 3 million (Eclipse) on a jet. I'll take the 550 myself.

Last edited:
But Cessna is (was??) coming out with something *slightly* bigger to fill that niche. Can't remember the name designation.

But Cessna is (was??) coming out with something *slightly* bigger to fill that niche. Can't remember the name designation.

The M2, which has been in production for several years.

The M2, which has been in production for several years.
Okay. I thought there was something beyond that, but perhaps it was just a failed design plan.

Frankly, im surprised they sold that many.

Why? I know two pilots at my airport that own two of them.
Very popular as a personal jet as it is single pilot certified.
And I would be inclined to buy a jet from Cessna, with its corporate resources and experienced dealer/maintenance network backing it, before I spent millions on an Eclipse or Cirrus jet.

Why? I know two pilots at my airport that own two of them.
Very popular as a personal jet as it is single pilot certified.
And I would be inclined to buy a jet from Cessna, with its corporate resources and experienced dealer/maintenance network backing it, before I spent millions on an Eclipse or Cirrus jet.
It's itty bitty.

I always thought the cj series were a better value. Still single pilot too.

Okay. I thought there was something beyond that, but perhaps it was just a failed design plan.

Who knows what they will come up with next in their jet family. I suspect they see the single turboprop Denali filling in the real entry level oil burner position.

It's itty bitty.

Never flew either (although I've flown the vast majority of the Citation line), but I have been in both the CJ and the Mustang sims.
For a personal jet (knowing nothing about costs), I would much, much, much rather own the Mustang.

It's itty bitty.

That might be why they don't make it any more?

Or perhaps Cessna is gracefully conceding that segment of the market to the better marketed, better built, better equipped, better painted, better upholstered, spacious, fast and obviously superior Cirrus jet. :rolleyes:

Nope, they're conceding the market to SETPs like the Pilatus PC12. By the way, have you seen the new Cessna Denali? ;)

setp_360_8.ashx

Never flew either (although I've flown the vast majority of the Citation line), but I have been in both the CJ and the Mustang sims.
For a personal jet (knowing nothing about costs), I would much, much, much rather own the Mustang.
I've sat in the cj. Never flown it though. Had a demo flight in the mustang when the boss was looking to buy. Typed and worked in the 500 series. The mustang wasn't bad. I just didn't like it. But I am a fat bastard.

Not a big market to begin with, and Honda is getting many of the new buyers, and Cirrus the rest, it seems
It's a somewhat bigger market then you think, because the turboprops like the TBM, Piper M600, and on the larger side the Pilatus PC-12 occupy the same space.

The Cirrus and Honda will more than likely dominate the ultra light jet market for many years to come.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back