Filming with a certain company that starts with D

Luvrv8

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KCMA flyer
I am on a team that has Dis........ channel following us around getting footage for a segment they are doing on aviation. I can tell you it's hard to get stuff correct with these people. They filmed the pilot getting in and taking off. When he returned they wanted to re do the pilot getting belted in. I said wait a hour, the gauges all read up to temp, they were ambient before. The producer said no one would see it. I still pulled a access panal and disconnected the gauges so it would look correct. All I can say is it's a full time job trying to keep it "real". Hope the final cut is correct.

So I am seeing. This one looks to be a bit better, it's a science show so at least it's not scripted.

Still, I enjoy a couple of the shows. Mostly the Alaska ones. I will see people I know, or planes I have flown and landing strips I have been to.

I am on a team that has Dis........ channel following us around getting footage for a segment they are doing on aviation. I can tell you it's hard to get stuff correct with these people. They filmed the pilot getting in and taking off. When he returned they wanted to re do the pilot getting belted in. I said wait a hour, the gauges all read up to temp, they were ambient before. The producer said no one would see it. I still pulled a access panal and disconnected the gauges so it would look correct. All I can say is it's a full time job trying to keep it "real". Hope the final cut is correct.

Methinks you are wound too tight. Is the plane not having flown recently in the script? Showing the pilot cleanly getting in the airplane and having fun is more important then any details. Show a fat guy struggling to get in a plane and no one watching will ever go learn to fly.:lol:

:lol: I used to take crews diving in the Keys on some of the historic and cool wrecks. When you see the final footage you just laugh and wonder "After all that, how did they manage to get it so wrong?" especially the technical diving stuff. :rofl:

I am sure many won't see the issues I see, but most of you will. Not that I am wind up tight but was just trying to keep it real. When it's aired can't wait to see what you guys and gals think about it.

I am sure many won't see the issues I see, but most of you will. Not that I am wind up tight but was just trying to keep it real. When it's aired can't wait to see what you guys and gals think about it.

The term "keeping it real" has no place in Hollywood.:lol:

I really doubt I would have noticed the gauges.

The term "keeping it real" has no place in Hollywood.:lol:
You really see a difference in productions where the director has an aviation background.

Compare, for example, William Wellman's Island in The Sky and The Hgh And The Mighty, with The Aviator, directed by Martin Scorsese.

In an interview on the DVD of The Aviator, Scorsese said that before making the film he knew "nothing about aviation." No kidding!

:rolleyes2:

Still, I enjoy a couple of the shows. Mostly the Alaska ones. I will see people I know, or planes I have flown and landing strips I have been to.

I remember seeing quite a few episodes of Alaska State troopers where they get into a 185, it cuts to the stock footage of a PA18 flying around and to top it off the PA18 was flying around with its water rudders down.

All turned out in the end, once it landed it turned back into a 185 :D

Sounds like a Mickey Mouse operation to me. Just don't let them make you goofy.

I remember seeing quite a few episodes of Alaska State troopers where they get into a 185, it cuts to the stock footage of a PA18 flying around and to top it off the PA18 was flying around with its water rudders down.

All turned out in the end, once it landed it turned back into a 185 :D

I meet lots of troopers going to and from the villages....they find the show very fake and staged from the law-enforcement perspective as well, although we all have a good laugh at the jug related offenses in western alaska.

Sounds like a Mickey Mouse operation to me. Just don't let them make you goofy.

I am pretty sure at this point I have done all I can, it's up to the editer on that fate. I will say it's not a far stretch to make me goofy.

:lol: I used to take crews diving in the Keys on some of the historic and cool wrecks. When you see the final footage you just laugh and wonder "After all that, how did they manage to get it so wrong?" especially the technical diving stuff. :rofl:

Let me guess, a shot of them entering the water followed by footage of a deco stop?

That reminds me... I've got some tech gear I need to sell... once I get a list together, I'll send it to you.

Back