File sent to Federal Air Surgeon; what happens now?

U

UsefulLoadhere

Got a letter from AAM-300 after sending in my last personal statement that my file has been sent to the Federal Air Surgeon for review.

What happens now? Do they maybe ask for more tests/documents? Is it straight to an issuance/denial? Even with all the reading I have done about this process I am unclear on this.

This is for past SSRI usage and some drug use.

Thank you!

It sounds as if they're just notifying you that it's still in process, which isn't surprising based on the issue(s) you listed. In other words, no outcome is predictable at this stage, and all you can do is wait.

I got a letter stating that my packet was sent to DC as well dated Mar 7, 2022. I JUST checked a week ago, Sept 28, 2022, and it was finally issued. I have not gotten it in the mail yet, but on the airmen registry it says it was approved. I did not get anything in between those two dates- no asking for more paperwork, etc- just waited almost 7 months for them to get it out of the queue and issue it. Mine is for SSRI usage, ongoing usage.

I waited for months and finally had a bud check in at Oshkosh. AME never sent papers in. So tests were stale and had to do over.

I got a letter stating that my packet was sent to DC as well dated Mar 7, 2022. I JUST checked a week ago, Sept 28, 2022, and it was finally issued. I have not gotten it in the mail yet, but on the airmen registry it says it was approved. I did not get anything in between those two dates- no asking for more paperwork, etc- just waited almost 7 months for them to get it out of the queue and issue it. Mine is for SSRI usage, ongoing usage.

That is reassuring. My HIMS AME who I have been working with, but who has not actually provided a HIMS AME report yet, said it was good news in terms of the process moving along but nothing else.

So far I have provided personal statements, HIMS Psychiatrist report, and one random urine test. I have been doing more randoms but so far just sending the results to my HIMS AME. It seems too good to be true to get issued with just what I have sent in and avoid neuropsych testing but maybe? Just not sure...

That is reassuring. My HIMS AME who I have been working with, but who has not actually provided a HIMS AME report yet, said it was good news in terms of the process moving along but nothing else.

So far I have provided personal statements, HIMS Psychiatrist report, and one random urine test. I have been doing more randoms but so far just sending the results to my HIMS AME. It seems too good to be true to get issued with just what I have sent in and avoid neuropsych testing but maybe? Just not sure...
Wondering if you have been issued yet?

Wondering if you have been issued yet?

Have not been issued. Multiple calls to FAS reveal that the queue for review is 6-7 months, which is coming up in April. I have asked my congressmember to submit an inquiry, which they have done, but they too are waiting for the FAA's response. Likely the FAS will request cogscreen and other stuff from me, then *hopefully* I can be issued after completion...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back