Figured it's time to introduce myself

48dodge

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
48dodge
Another Brad here. After several months of waiting to take lessons I finally went up the first time on July 5th. I was planning on doing an intro flight only at the first of the year but the 172 had to have its 100 hour inspection. Probably a good thing since I wasn't ready for lessons at the time and there's no way I could have not taken lessons after the first flight. The reason I started when I did was my wife was able to fly with a business associate who owns a 182 and she knocked out 3 appointments in half a day that would have taken her at least a full day of driving if not 2 separate days. She came home and told me to start ASAP. OK if you insist. So now I have 8.3 hours despite the weather. I've had about 8 or 10 lessons rescheduled since late June due to weather. The owner of the company said she might nickname me Stormy. It has even poured twice minutes after landing and securing the plane. My CFI has been great so far. We haven't had many chances for landing practice because of strong crosswinds but we've been able to work on takeoffs, stalls and pattern work and basic plane control. Did S turns and turns around a point yesterday since we had about 15-20k winds aloft. Need to remember to eat something before doing that again. Only got squirrelly when CFI did turns around a point. I was fine as soon as I took over. Plane is due for its 100 hour inspection again so I'm doing a sim this weekend.
Brad
KLRO

Congrats...........

You are on the road to a lifetime of enjoyment...:yes::thumbsup:

Welcome, Brad. Now post pics of the 48 Dodge! :)

DodgeSide.jpg

And here's a pic of my grandfather with the car back in the 60's. He bought the car from his aunt who bought it from the dealer
poppa.jpg

Welcome aboard - and that's a mighty-fine looking Dodge.

Is it an 8?

Flathead straight 6

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I had a Godfather who used to put his cars on blocks each winter and move into the city (NYC). One of the cars was a Chrysler New Yorker convertible, straight-eight with the Fluid Drive. Definite family resemblance, there.

Anyway, it went up in 1963, and just never came down. I took a shot at getting it running summer 1977, actually made some modest progress, but lacked the maturity or core skill to succeed. Got it to fire, once, probably did more damage than good.

The car, by the way, was a 1943 model, a statement challenged often- but, when your family owns a half-dozen steel mills and tool factories, wartime is not an obstacle...

I had a Godfather who used to put his cars on blocks each winter and move into the city (NYC). One of the cars was a Chrysler New Yorker convertible, straight-eight with the Fluid Drive. Definite family resemblance, there.

Yes, but which fluid does your family run on? ;)

Put a lot of miles on a 49 Dodge. That fluid drive coupling with a manual transmission had some advantages. It sure didn't look as good as yours and it was only about 7 or 8 years old. It was well used and abused.

Put a lot of miles on a 49 Dodge. That fluid drive coupling with a manual transmission had some advantages. It sure didn't look as good as yours and it was only about 7 or 8 years old. It was well used and abused.

Yeah, my Dad said it had all the advantages of a slipping clutch. :D

Back