FF: annotations

Also, can annotations be shared between devices?
ie, I produce them on my ipad (over an hour work), ship them to my backup device (my iphone)

If you are talking about annotations on approach charts, airport diagrams, and other documents, yes. Just tap on what you want to remove.

If you are talking about annotations on the Map page, no. For some reason, FF has not added that functionality.

I don't know about sharing among devices. I only have one.

You can erase the R. There is a clear function on the top right with a circular figure depicting undo. It will undo the last drawing...then the next ...and so on.

I don't know FF, but for most of these types of annotation features clicking on the pencil will enable a choice of a narrow line, a highlighter or an eraser. The eraser will get rid of both "r"'s. GP works that way for example.

I don't know FF, but for most of these types of annotation features clicking on the pencil will enable a choice of a narrow line, a highlighter or an eraser. The eraser will get rid of both "r"'s. GP works that way for example.
It works that way on other pages but not in the FF Map annotation layer.

@Let'sgoflying! somebody at Foreflight heard you with the latest update.
But for whatever reason, the new eraser functionality ONLY works on the map view, not on Plates or Documents.

It seems that Maps is its own thing, for some reason. Note that the writing is much blockier than Plates or Documents, and you can do things like draw a box on the Map, but you can on the others. I asked FF support about this a year ago, and just got a very vague answer that the implementation on Maps was different (yes, I can see that, but why?)

I use annotations in all three views probably much more than the average user, so I'm probably much more sensitive to the differences, but I'd really like them to all work the same.

Back