Female pilot suing former employer after being told she's 'too short' to fly; Gloria Allred represen

Well that and a number of people flying that jet are saying it’s not a problem in other forums.

Plenty of info is going to come out of this one. They didn’t choose to go the highly public route for no reason. Someone got their back up and didn’t settle out of court like 80% of cases.

I smell something else coming. You don’t fire off your best salvo in the first press conference unless you’re stupid.

Haven’t watched the presser. Or was it just a written release? Haven’t checked. But these press conferences usually blather on about how Justice will be served and such for quite a while and there’s a juicy tidbit hiding in there if you have time to watch the whole thing.
Don't get your hopes up. Many (most I've seen) employment agreements require arbitration. I've no idea what's in Netjets, but some lawyers like to ignore arbitration agreements and file a lawsuit just so they can have that press conference. If compelled into arbitration, the rest is confidential. But that first strike is leverage.

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes up. Many (most I've seen) employment agreements require arbitration. I've no idea what's in Netjets, but some lawyers like to ignore arbitration agreements and file a lawsuit just so they can have that press conference. If compelled into arbitration, the raft is confidential. But that first strike is leverage.

Ahh true. Lawyers make our world go round when the adults can’t play nicely in the sandbox. Ha. The arbitration thing, forgot about that one. But yeah, really common.

But of the people I do know personally, the number that have sued anyone ever is way less than 51%. Way less. I strongly suspect that's the case for most people who do not work in law.

I don't know you personally, but I have sued someone (in small claims court). And won. No lawyers allowed in small claims court in California back in the early 1990s. I don't know about today. Won the appeal, too.

Now, as to a real no holds barred lawsuit is concerned, I'm like you. I haven't known anyone, either.

Back