FELONY INDICTMENT OF BARRON THOMAS AND

Well, innocent until proven guilty.

attachment.php

Is that smoke over there?

Attachments

• where-theres-smoke.gif
    where-theres-smoke.gif
    98.1 KB · Views: 413
Very predictable IMO. Based on experience in the securities and investment banking industry, I was pretty sure that the first volley wasn't the last they would hear relative to the "offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy" securities or similar issues. Time will tell.

his mother, Agnes Clark (aka Aggie Clark) by the Arizona Attorney General yesterday , Monday March 28th. Just though you would like to know. See official release from the state of Arizona.

http://www.azag.gov/press_releases/...feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+azag/news+(News+Room)

I am shocked !

(was this based on your complaint ?)

Sure, he's innocent until proven guilty. But if he is proven guilty, are the investors any more likely to get their money back?

I'm not defending the guy at all, but if the judge orders restitution, prison wages don't pay much...

He already agreed to paying restitution in a settlement with the AZ corporations commission. Dont know whether any of the investors have seen a penny yet.

It may also be worthwhile to add for balance sake that Barron Thomas claims that he paid back the original posters investment.

Prison should stop him from allegedly victimizing further, the unwary....my delaings with him were always....."why did I even call?"

Last edited:
Prison should stop him from victimizing further, the unwary....my delaings with him were always....."why did I even call?"

You would think that Federal PMITA prison would deter more people from shady dealings...alleged shady dealings, I mean.

Prison should stop him from victimizing further, the unwary....my delaings with him were always....."why did I even call?"

One option is to throw him in the can where he'd have plenty of time to think about how to get away with it next time.

Another would be to give him a suspended sentence, make sure he works, garnish his wages and save the citizens of AZ from having to pay for his room and board.

One option is to throw him in the can where he'd have plenty of time to think about how to get away with it next time.

Another would be to give him a suspended sentence, make sure he works, garnish his wages and save the citizens of AZ from having to pay for his room and board.

Option two is way to logical for a government to implement.

Expect him to pop up on here refuting every statement in that article... A con man's only tool is the silver tongue... The con creed is 'keep talking until they are hypnotized.'

denny-o

12% interest! Any time someone offers an interest rate like that, keep a firm grip on your wallet!

ESPECIALLY when it involves airplanes!

Real Estate, maybe, but aviation?? Might as well be selling horses.

Bull-puckey. Lock him (and all other white collar thieves) in solitary 23hrs a day. Their crimes have more of a negative impact on society than some moron pulling thrill-seeker liquor store hold-ups. They certainly destroy far more lives.

Bull-puckey. Lock him (and all other white collar thieves) in solitary 23hrs a day. Their crimes have more of a negative impact on society than some moron pulling thrill-seeker liquor store hold-ups. They certainly destroy far more lives.

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."

It's been said that an AG can get a sofa indicted by a GJ. I'll sit back, wait for the facts to be revealed and watch it all unfold, before passing judgment.:dunno:

I'll sit back, wait for the facts to be revealed and watch it all unfold, before passing judgment.:dunno:

We've been watching it all unfold for---what---5 years? I don't think there's anything left unfolded if you've been keeping track.:idea:

I say good job by the Arizona Corporation Commission and great job by the Arizona AG! I wonder if he will be pitching or catching? On the prison baseball team I mean, of course.
:)

Not necessarily. :ihih:

There are exceptions during periods of generally high interest rates, of course, but this isn't one of those times. Market forces dictate how any particular investment's interest rate differs from the generally prevailing rates, and when an investment pays much higher than the prevailing rates, the market is conpensating for higher than normal risk.

12% interest! Any time someone offers an interest rate like that, keep a firm grip on your wallet!

Well, not interest, but I just checked my 401(k), and my 1 year RoR is sitting at 26%, 3 year at 13.9%.

Not necessarily. :ihih:

There are exceptions during periods of generally high interest rates, of course, but this isn't one of those times. Market forces dictate how any particular investment's interest rate differs from the generally prevailing rates, and when an investment pays much higher than the prevailing rates, the market is conpensating for higher than normal risk.

You can get a return a like that from a legitimate and respected investment firm like Bernard L. Madoff Securities if you're lucky enough to be able to invest with him.

Does this mean that it will cost me more to buy my 1st airplane?

Could all this mean that he will no longer be sending me the cool little post cards with offers to buy my airplane? I liked the one with the yellow Waco the best.

John

Does this mean that it will cost me more to buy my 1st airplane?

Ask the investors.

What I meant was a little sarcastic, but let me explain:

I'm fairly new around here and had to do a bit of homework on the subject so please excuse the rudimentary $.02 (no pun intended).

From what I can tell, there are those that have made the guy a 'boogie man' for what he may or may not be legally guilty (in a court of law) of doing to undermine the confidence of speculators in the aircraft trading industry. Notice that I emphasize legal culpability, as I acknowledge that there is a difference in legal responsibility versus moral and ethical (which also sometimes diverge).

I'm not making light of anyone's losses (nor am I implying that he did anything wrong - I don't know the facts) so forgive if it comes across that way, however my point is that things have a way of coming back to equilibrium.

When I asked about aircraft values, I meant that as a way of suggesting (jestfully) that he was single handedly responsbile for the depressed aircraft market and that finally things will start to turn around for those that want to sell and they can do so at huge profits.

I highly doubt it.

And my somewhat terse answer was similarly TIC, as opposed to my normally down-the-middle responses. What I meant was that if you asked the investors in the referenced deal if their airplanes cost more to buy, I think they would say yes :tongue:

What I meant was a little sarcastic, but let me explain:

I'm fairly new around here and had to do a bit of homework on the subject so please excuse the rudimentary $.02 (no pun intended).

From what I can tell, there are those that have made the guy a 'boogie man' for what he may or may not be legally guilty (in a court of law) of doing to undermine the confidence of speculators in the aircraft trading industry. Notice that I emphasize legal culpability, as I acknowledge that there is a difference in legal responsibility versus moral and ethical (which also sometimes diverge).

I'm not making light of anyone's losses (nor am I implying that he did anything wrong - I don't know the facts) so forgive if it comes across that way, however my point is that things have a way of coming back to equilibrium.

When I asked about aircraft values, I meant that as a way of suggesting (jestfully) that he was single handedly responsbile for the depressed aircraft market and that finally things will start to turn around for those that want to sell and they can do so at huge profits.

I highly doubt it.

No it doesn't, it just victimizes a different class of person, the greedy/cheap as- semi affluent dumb ass.... "When a deal sounds to good to be true, it probably is...". Anybody who has done their due diligence will know what to do. This used to be a Caveat Emptor one, now it's full on cries for a nanny state...

Also generally true, especially that last part. However, during the great panic of 2008, I saw investment grade bonds yielding (and equivalent yields on tax-exempt munis) hit double digits! :eek: Were these suddenly riskier? Perhaps, since no one knew the exact impact of the financial crisis. But a good part of it was panic/forced selling, too, and I like those times. :thumbsup:

Back