Feedback needed

Flightvectors

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Flightvectors
We design and manufacture top quality training materials for the airline world and are preparing Cockpit training posters for GA too. Our USP is that they are 3D in appearance, and highly exacting - you can tell what the materials are from the drawings - they are photo-realistic in finish. They are drawn by Pilots, for Pilots.

What we are interested in finding out is what types you would like us to tackle, and what special features you'd like to see on them. You can see our work at https://www.flightvectors.com and can be reached at info@flightvectors.com

Thank you for your time and interest, it is appreciated.

The sample attached is our Boeing 737-800 Throttle quadrant

Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 09.02.00.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 09.02.00.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 09.02.00.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 10
kool products..
but you may get some hate replies.. like Maui AOA guy.
Good luck.

king air
caravan

kool products..
but you may get some hate replies.. like Maui AOA guy.
Good luck.

king air
caravan
That was cool.
And as far as hate replies, I guess that can be expected, but at least he has participated in other conversations not pertaining to his product. Maybe he learned a lesson by reading the replies aimed at the AoA guy.

Thanks for your feedback guys - I am just trying to improve the products we make, and there is no finer source of opinion than Pilots. We are not going to succeed just by making what we think we ought to - far better is to make what you guys want.

We design and manufacture top quality training materials for the airline world and are preparing Cockpit training posters for GA too. Our USP is that they are 3D in appearance, and highly exacting - you can tell what the materials are from the drawings - they are photo-realistic in finish. They are drawn by Pilots, for Pilots.

What we are interested in finding out is what types you would like us to tackle, and what special features you'd like to see on them. You can see our work at https://www.flightvectors.com and can be reached at info@flightvectors.com

Thank you for your time and interest, it is appreciated.

The sample attached is our Boeing 737-800 Throttle quadrant

View attachment 50813

That looks fantastic! Not flying there anymore, but maybe some regional planes like the Bombardiers and Embraers. GA could be a lot of planes that could benefit, such as Cessna 172 and Piper Archer/Warrior, probably the most common planes used for training. Individual owners of a particular model would be interested, such as Cirrus 22, twin engine planes etc.

Last edited:
Looks great to me. My worry with the 3D look would be that it detracts from what's most important, and that's the clear labeling of the controls and switches, but it looks like you guys have done a fine job of finding a good balance between the two.

The Cirrus chute should be very popular with some.

The Cirrus chute should be very popular with some.

At a minimum of where it's located, and what it looks like. Then again that's probably the first thing a Cirrus pilot learns, and flys with a hand on it constantly. Is that how it's done Bryan, and soon Mully?

Darn attractive as pop-art, even - some would be cool in a man cave.

I think they look great. Popularity would be dictated by price, especially as you move toward smaller aircraft.

The other problem in most of the older GA fleet would be that its getting pretty hard to find one with a stock panel that doesn't have modifications to where at least some things are located, but the big handles are always usually in the same places.

Another vote for the 787

You may get some takers on the typical GA trainers for student chair flying. ??? I'm not sure how this is better than the sporty's posters, maybe in the way they can piece together like a puzzle and be more life sized?

A steam gauge C-182, full IFR with GTN750, STEC Autopilot.

Or a Bonanza, late model, with round dials, not the G-1000 panels.

Suggestion - get in touch with CFIs at some of the aviation schools (Purdue, UND, Embry Riddle, etc). Ask what they would have liked to see as recently certified instructors and what teaching tools they'd like to see as new or seasoned CFIs.

Hope the 172 in your future products includes the G1000 or higher glass panel.

I would think you need to market them to the large flight schools, or potentially through companies that provide type rating training. I can't imagine that there would be much interest in GA aircraft apart from that. I would rather have an airline cockpit just because it's cool, even if I didn't need it for studying or prep. I never really cared for them as a training tool myself but I think it would be nice to have for a man-cave.

For nostalg
I would think you need to market them to the large flight schools, or potentially through companies that provide type rating training. I can't imagine that there would be much interest in GA aircraft apart from that. I would rather have an airline cockpit just because it's cool, even if I didn't need it for studying or prep. I never really cared for them as a training tool myself but I think it would be nice to have for a man-cave.

yeah, that is why I suggested warbirds.

Back