FedEx 705 simulation- gave me the chills

You live in Alabama, how often do you deal with or are around the NYSP?

I used to fly into numerous cities in NY, from Newburgh to NYC. NYSP were assigned to every NY airport apparently. Next question? :rolleyes:

I used to fly into numerous cities in NY, from Newburgh to NYC. NYSP were assigned to every NY airport apparently. Next question? :rolleyes:

It was not a question

No it wasn't, but it went over your head anyway. :rolleyes:

And if you dealt with operations like the NYSP you'd understand why I say I'd be reluctant to traverse NY by ground without something like LEOSA, knowing you're one Rambo NYSP or CHIP away from nearly 6 figures of legal fees, even if you know you're to win, not crazy to rather take your chances with that crash axe or DD maglite if someone goes nuts in the back vs the over zealous LEOs in some of the states, I really don't get why the FFDO can't have the same carry regs as the LEOSA. Just a matter of odds and threat matrix.

First time hearing of this...unbelievable.

Even more unbelievable is the worthless piece of garbage’s letter. Boo hoo, poor me...even managed to play the political card. Should have charged him with theft of oxygen too...

The interesting thing is that this happened long before 9/11 and showed the cockpit security problem fairly well, but the industry had its head in the sand about that problem overall.

It should have been really obvious that the days of the old thinking that hijackers always want to go somewhere and don’t want to die in the aircraft, was over with... nearly seven years before the 9/11 attacks. This guy’s “suicide by aircraft crash” should have been the heeded warning, not the next ones, technically. Everyone chalked it up to mental illness related to depression and forgot about fanatics, which is a different form of mental illness.

When I began working on airliners in 1986, I was really surprised at two things in regards to cockpit doors. Number one was how so many employees had keys to the locks. Number two was that number one really didn't matter as the doors were so easy to pop open with a screwdriver. After all of the hijackings that had occurred in previous decades, I found it unconscionable that the cockpits were so unsecure.

First time hearing of this...unbelievable.

Even more unbelievable is the worthless piece of garbage’s letter. Boo hoo, poor me...even managed to play the political card. Should have charged him with theft of oxygen too...
Yeah that letter was a real piece of work.

Back