February TFR's

Now that we have a new Potus ,have to start reading notams again. TFRs are going to be in different places in the country.

Now that we have a new Potus ,have to start reading notams again. TFRs are going to be in different places in the country.
YUP. Florida will be more TFR active... I go down there alot... I tend to pre-flight pretty good but sometimes on quick 'lunch-hops' sometimes I've slacked off a bit..

Hawaii & Chicago get a break while NYC & Florida take a hit. Also Indiana picks up Delaware's share. Florida should be interesting with the amount of GA there. I predict a record number of violations.

Hawaii & Chicago get a break while NYC & Florida take a hit. Also Indiana picks up Delaware's share. Florida should be interesting with the amount of GA there. I predict a record number of violations.
Yeah I can see a lot of violations down here. We have a ton of GA traffic..... I'll remind myself of this post everyday before I fly

I'll be curious to see how much the new POTUS uses Camp David/ p-40. Kinda puts a (slight) damper on things at our airport when he's there. Although I'm told Former pres. Obama didn't use it as much as former Pres. Bush did.

I'll be curious to see how much the new POTUS uses Camp David/ p-40. Kinda puts a (slight) damper on things at our airport when he's there. Although I'm told Former pres. Obama didn't use it as much as former Pres. Bush did.

I believe Obama used Camp David far less than did previous presidents. It wasn't urban enough for the city boy. I imagine Trump might use it even less. Most US presidents have had a bit of an outdoorsy side to them. Not so much with either Obama or Trump with the exception of golf courses.

Most US presidents have had a bit of an outdoorsy side to them. Not so much with either Obama or Trump with the exception of golf courses.

Camp David good for "groping" though....just saying. :D

Seems Bill did a good job of that in the Oval Office . . . . .

Camp David a lot more remote and private. Well are those those pesky SS agents...

Hank our Gov has his own little affair to deal with, fooling around with his advisor and his wife finding out. He was recorded on the phone saying what he liked to do to her. His wife divorced his ass too.

Also Indiana picks up Delaware's share.

I will be curious where those will be. Before the inauguration, Pence was living in the Indiana Governer's mansion, which is really close to my house. Hopefully, his new home TFR will be further away from the areas where I typically fly.

I will be curious where those will be. Before the inauguration, Pence was living in the Indiana Governer's mansion, which is really close to my house. Hopefully, his new home TFR will be further away from the areas where I typically fly.
I know he's from Columbus originally so if that is where he calls home, it might be BAK that he uses but I would not be surprised if he ends up flying in and out of IND.

There's a TFR planned for beginning in February over Houston. I assume a POTUS visit but I don't think the TFR says. It is so long, it's not even funny. 7 pages of BS.

There's a TFR planned for beginning in February over Houston. I assume a POTUS visit but I don't think the TFR says. It is so long, it's not even funny. 7 pages of BS.
Not Potus.
It's the Super-Duper Bowl

BAK is a nice place. Great condition, wide open, and a good airport restaurant.

Flew in there once or twice when I flew for an electrical contractor. Think they did the electrical at a mall or shopping area, may have been a KMart. So long ago I forget, but yeah, I remember it as being a nice airport.

On the subject of White Houses and Governers Mansions, they are de facto "subsidized housing." Now subsidized housing always has an income test. If you make to much money, you don't qualify. This dude needs to be paying rent.

Edit. Oh yeah, and landing fees to.

Not Potus.
It's the Super-Duper Bowl
I stand corrected.
The TFR says "for security" (not "sporting event") and I connected the dots (incorrectly) that it is for national security.
I had no idea they would put up such a huge PITA TFR for a silly bowling game. ;)
Whatever happened to small ineffective stadium TFRs?

The FAA or the TSA put out Intercept cards and posters to all the local FBO's warning local pilots of the Super Bowl TFR...real waste of tax Payer money...here is an example from the past...

upload_2017-1-30_15-4-16.png

Back