Fear of fall?

Turbulence takes time to get comfortable with. Remember, you control the airplane, it doesn't control you. You make it go and do what you want. You'll get there. You're in the normal majority.

when you learn to bond with the plane you are flying, then you will get it. In the beginning, stay looking outside the plane. Your CFI is responsible for the stuff inside.

Man I think you think too much and you are so worried about doing it wrong it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Get out of your own head, simplify and worry about the basics. Turbulence is nothing to worry about, you've been up how many times in turbulence and nothing bad has happened except you over thinking it. If the turbulence bumps the plane, enjoy the ride. If the turbulence upsets the plane, slowly correct it until you figure it out, then move on. After a while you won't even notice as you correct for it. Keep overthinking it and it will never become natural. For landings, I had trouble like you and as did most others. You should be familiar enough that you know the steps and what to do now. So at home, with no distractions, sit in a chair, and fly a pattern in your head. Make all the motions with your hands AND feet. Reducing power, running checklists, adding flaps, when to make turns, do it a few times for no crosswind and a few times for crosswind. It should take you almost as long as a real pattern. Go through the steps in your head and the motions without the pressure of actually doing it. Get comfortable with the steps and try to remember everything when practicing like this.

When you are in the air, remember, bumps of turbulence usually get more frequent as you get near the ground, but usually they do nothing but move plane around a little, in reality they don't affect much unless you let them. Hit the bump, see the effect, correct IF YOU NEED TO. Relax in the pattern, get the negative thoughts out of your head, let the instructor worry (I'm willing to bet he won't and that you worry more about you than he does), he'll speak up or correct if he needs to, otherwise have a little confidence, do the steps you practiced, it will work, you'll see, but you have to let it happen. It may take a few tries, if he tells you you are doing well, BELIEVE HIM AND DO IT AGAIN. Stay in the game, stop letting insecurity take you out, you've got this.

Man I think you think too much and you are so worried about doing it wrong it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Get out of your own head, simplify and worry about the basics. Turbulence is nothing to worry about, you've been up how many times in turbulence and nothing bad has happened except you over thinking it. If the turbulence bumps the plane, enjoy the ride. If the turbulence upsets the plane, slowly correct it until you figure it out, then move on. After a while you won't even notice as you correct for it. Keep overthinking it and it will never become natural. For landings, I had trouble like you and as did most others. You should be familiar enough that you know the steps and what to do now. So at home, with no distractions, sit in a chair, and fly a pattern in your head. Make all the motions with your hands AND feet. Reducing power, running checklists, adding flaps, when to make turns, do it a few times for no crosswind and a few times for crosswind. It should take you almost as long as a real pattern. Go through the steps in your head and the motions without the pressure of actually doing it. Get comfortable with the steps and try to remember everything when practicing like this.

When you are in the air, remember, bumps of turbulence usually get more frequent as you get near the ground, but usually they do nothing but move plane around a little, in reality they don't affect much unless you let them. Hit the bump, see the effect, correct IF YOU NEED TO. Relax in the pattern, get the negative thoughts out of your head, let the instructor worry (I'm willing to bet he won't and that you worry more about you than he does), he'll speak up or correct if he needs to, otherwise have a little confidence, do the steps you practiced, it will work, you'll see, but you have to let it happen. It may take a few tries, if he tells you you are doing well, BELIEVE HIM AND DO IT AGAIN. Stay in the game, stop letting insecurity take you out, you've got this.
You are spot on and yes I overthink everything, just like my old man...ok I have said it. And yes, I also worry that I will do something wrong. When my CFI flies, I have no problem with turbulance, it's my low skill level I don't trust, but I also know if I keep doing it and prove to myself that I have got this, it will be just another thing.... I will try your chair flying idea and that should help with muscle memory. Thanks for keeping the faith in me. I was told pilots are a great family of people and the more I spend time on this forum, you guys prove it right.

Thanks. More patter work tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

60 degree turns check by my CFI. Did few 45 and then my CFI didn't tell me when I was shooting for a wrong indicator on the gyros and went to 55 . That man keeps pushing me and I am loving it. Landing still sucks

Funny thing, this is the first time I heard this coming out my CFI 'S mouth... u may want to reduce your bank angle... I am used to hearing when I started.. well that's a nice 5 degree bank. Let's shoot for 10

Sounds like you didn't get in your own way, great job. Landing takes practice. Keep the going through the motions on your own in a quiet room like I said before, you've got this, don't worry about screwing up, worry about getting practice in and getting it right. Practice without all that fear will allow you to learn and pretty soon it will just click and all make sense.

Back