FCC License

...a english proficiency endorsement (or certificate)...

Oh yeah, good reminder. Everyone operating internationally should make sure their pilots certificate states that he or she is proficient in English. I think it was around 2008 that the FAA started putting that statement on certificates. I was annoyed because I had passed a checkride in 2007 and then had to pay for a replacement certificate in 2009 to get that statement.

Oh yeah, good reminder. Everyone operating internationally should make sure their pilots certificate states that he or she is proficient in English. I think it was around 2008 that the FAA started putting that statement on certificates. I was annoyed because I had passed a checkride in 2007 and then had to pay for a replacement certificate in 2009 to get that statement.

I have it on my US license, plus I also have my English Language Proficiency Certificate (Level 6) as well.

I've got my ELP6 on my Australian license -- had to do the test there to get it even based on my US ticket. BTW, you can blame this one on the French, too.

Back