Favre is back...

Shall we have a poll on wether Favre should stay or go???? :devil:

I just wish that he would make up that senile mind of his.

Favres' wife must be a real ______ to live with. He needs a new hobby, ooooohhhh how about aviation!

He's just gonna mess up his image. He just can't let it go.

i can't wait until the vikings play green bay. i might have to actually watch a football game. hope they have good metal detectors at the gate.

I am a Vikings fan and although I think it is ridiculous how many times he changed his mind, he is better than any quarterbacks we have, so I will take him gladly!!

I wonder about the Viqueens GM. Has he seen Favre play in the Metrodome????? Why would you sign some old fossil of a QB who has proven that he can't play in a dome????

I'm pretty sure that as long as he can throw a football, he's not gonna really retire. And a 40+ year old Favre is still better than an awful lot of other QB's in the league.

And frankly, he's still a more exciting player than an awful lot of others in the league, too!

I wonder about the Viqueens GM. Has he seen Favre play in the Metrodome????? Why would you sign some old fossil of a QB who has proven that he can't play in a dome????

He has won in the Metrodome against the vikings 5 out of the last 6.

I'm pretty sure that as long as he can throw a football, he's not gonna really retire. And a 40+ year old Favre is still better than an awful lot of other QB's in the league.

And frankly, he's still a more exciting player than an awful lot of others in the league, too!

Favre was a God in Green Bay. There are streets named after him, and his name was spoken in the same breath as Starr, Nitchke, and Lombardi. Having lived in Wisconsin until 1997, I can tell you that he had the keys to every city.

Had he stayed retired, by now his number would've been retired and hung up in Lambeau Field, and he'd have an entire WING of the Packer Hall of Fame. Wisconsin would have declared "Brett Favre Day" a statewide holiday, and he wouldn't have had to pay for a meal or a drink ever again, anywhere in the state.

Instead, he's made a damned fool out of himself, tarnished his legacy, and Packer fans everywhere are now sticking pins in little Brett Favre dolls. And for what? So he can make a few more sheckels? Like he needs money!

If he wanted to keep playing, he should've stayed in Green Bay. It's too bad the way this whole thing has gone down.

Instead, he's made a damned fool out of himself, tarnished his legacy, and Packer fans everywhere are now sticking pins in little Brett Favre dolls. And for what? So he can make a few more sheckels? Like he needs money!

Because he simply loves to play the game, which is refreshing in this age of divas. Some would call Favre a diva, but he's never argued over how much money he gets paid - He just wants to play.

You can tell the difference by watching how Favre plays compared to how someone like Randy Moss plays. Moss doesn't even put any effort into the play unless the ball might come his way - He telegraphs to the entire defense "Hey, this is just a running play" in the process. Favre, on the other hand, plays like a kid on a playground - I always loved watching them do a reverse (which they never did until his last couple of years in Green Bay) - How many other 38-year-old star starting quarterbacks will run up and throw a block on a 300-pound defender? Man, that's fun to watch! (Unless you're the coach or the GM. :rofl:)

If he wanted to keep playing, he should've stayed in Green Bay.

He tried. Ted Thompson is an idiot.

It's too bad the way this whole thing has gone down.

That's for sure. :(

He tried. Ted Thompson is an idiot.

No, he retired, and the team had to move on. It would've been grossly unfair to Aaron Rogers -- arguably the best quarterback in the NFC North -- to simply dump him and take Favre back with open arms.

If he wanted to keep playing, Favre should not have retired. Once he retired, he should've shown some class and *stayed* retired.

Everyone in Wisconsin would love to have Favre still be our quarterback -- but he left. And now he's back, in a childish and silly attempt to "get back at" Thompson for showing class and NOT screwing Aaron Rogers. It's really sad.

Actually, what's even sadder is that so many of us looked up to Favre as a "hero" because of the way he played the game. How silly, in retrospect, to invest that sort of creedence into someone who is, after all, just an indecisive jock playing a game on Sunday afternoon.

That all said, I have to confess that I'm secretly hopeful that he does well in Minnesota, not because I wish him or that team well, but because it would validate old guys (like me) everywhere!

:D

No, he retired, and the team had to move on. It would've been grossly unfair to Aaron Rogers -- arguably the best quarterback in the NFC North -- to simply dump him and take Favre back with open arms.

If he wanted to keep playing, Favre should not have retired. Once he retired, he should've shown some class and *stayed* retired.

Everyone in Wisconsin would love to have Favre still be our quarterback -- but he left. And now he's back, in a childish and silly attempt to "get back at" Thompson for showing class and NOT screwing Aaron Rogers. It's really sad.

Actually, what's even sadder is that so many of us looked up to Favre as a "hero" because of the way he played the game. How silly, in retrospect, to invest that sort of creedence into someone who is, after all, just an indecisive jock playing a game on Sunday afternoon.

That all said, I have to confess that I'm secretly hopeful that he does well in Minnesota, not because I wish him or that team well, but because it would validate old guys (like me) everywhere!

The Packers starting quarterback is Aaron Rodgers.

It would've been grossly unfair to Aaron Rogers -- arguably the best quarterback in the NFC North

Which isn't saying much. :no: And if they'd taken Favre back, he would have been the best QB in the NFC North - No "arguably."

to simply dump him and take Favre back with open arms.

Well, it was unfair to everybody BUT Aaron Rodgers (the rest of the team, the fans, etc.) to NOT take Favre back.

He's had a lot of outside pressure (family, mainly) to retire for a long time. He got burned out after the 2007 season (he worked a lot harder that year than ever before) and succumbed to said pressure - And then realized that he still wanted to play. Like I said, the guy loves to play the game. It's like us and flying...

And now he's back, in a childish and silly attempt to "get back at" Thompson for showing class and NOT screwing Aaron Rogers. It's really sad.

I don't think that's why he's back at all. He has never said anything (to my knowledge) about "Ha ha, Ted's an idiot" or anything like that. He just wants to play. Period. Okay, so he doesn't want to play for the Bengals - He wants to play *and win*. I don't think it has anything to do with getting back at anybody - That's what the media wants you to think. Just like how they want you to think that your airplane is dangerous...

Which isn't saying much. :no: And if they'd taken Favre back, he would have been the best QB in the NFC North - No "arguably."

The Packers did take Favre back, then traded him to the Jets and still had the best QB in the NFC North.

Anybody realize that NFL is a business, and you don't think the Packers would have got rid of Favre the second he stopped producing regardless of his "loyalty" and "legacy"
The Vikings are also a business and given the other 2 quarterbacks the Vikings have, saw Favre as the best option. They need their best chance to win, need to sell tickets and merchandise.
A marginal season from Favre is better than the other options. Ticket sales skyrocketed, and merchandise is flying off the shelf. Mission accomplished

This pretty much sums it up how many people in WI feel about "Brent"

OJbUXOfHLoi771fazAElUEpLo1_400.jpg

I'm still trying to understand how FAVRE is pronounced FARV.

Oh well, back to our regularly scheduled rant.:D

My new favorite Favre shirt....

scaled_jpg.php

Last edited:
Anybody realize that NFL is a business, and you don't think the Packers would have got rid of Favre the second he stopped producing regardless of his "loyalty" and "legacy"
The Vikings are also a business and given the other 2 quarterbacks the Vikings have, saw Favre as the best option. They need their best chance to win, need to sell tickets and merchandise.
A marginal season from Favre is better than the other options. Ticket sales skyrocketed, and merchandise is flying off the shelf. Mission accomplished
Ticket sales are up, but the Vikings game against Green Bay still has tickets left for sale, from what a big Vikings fan told me tonight at work.

Last year the Minneapolis paper had to buy blocks of unsold tickets several times to avert a local media blackout. Heck not even Minnesotans like the Viqueens....

Ticket sales are up, but the Vikings game against Green Bay still has tickets left for sale, from what a big Vikings fan told me tonight at work.

Can a ticket be purchased for just the Packers game, or must a ticket to another game also be purchased?

Can a ticket be purchased for just the Packers game, or must a ticket to another game also be purchased?
You can buy a ticket just for the one game. I've been to Viking/Packer games in the MetroDome before...a lot of energy..fun to see.

It'll be just weird now though with Favre on the Vikings.

You can buy a ticket just for the one game. I've been to Viking/Packer games in the MetroDome before...a lot of energy..fun to see.

It'll be just weird now though with Favre on the Vikings.

On the positive side, Favre will most likely still be throwing to the Packers :D

It's odd, then, that tickets are still available. A few years ago the Vikings made the Packers game and another game a package deal. They had been irked for some time that the Packers game typically saw more green than purple in the stands.

the Favre/Sears commercials were pretty funny. glad he has enough of a sense of humor to do that kind of thing...

I love Leno's comment during the Packers/Bears game that Favre was able to get through an entire game yesterday without retiring.

I thought some of you might like this.

Attachments

• pink favre.jpg
    pink favre.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 11
Back