Favorite VFR Nav Log?

Here is one that I used. I have a blank one somewhere that I could scan into a pdf if someone wants it or anyone could create something identical on excel.

Attachments

• 20181117_200530.jpg
    20181117_200530.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 22
Just curious if anyone else has run across some nice VFR Nav logs they use for themselves or students.

Disclaimer: I fly only VFR, daytime, good weather, with my longest leg of a flight being just under 2 hours. Fuel is never an issue since I go with full tanks which gives me 5 hours flight time. I have recently been doing 'follow the river' flying with a map.

I use Foreflight to do the whiz wheel computations for course/heading, then grab one or more screenshots of my intended route from FF and mark them up per the image attached. I do screenshots since I can get a bigger zoom than on a standard chart. The attached image is for a 50 minute flight so it all fit well on a single screenshot.

If I'm doing a flight with dead reckoning/pilotage, I'll add ETE stamps at each checkpoint. If I'm doing FTR, I don't find the time stamps much use.

I back up my paper chart with both ForeFlight and the plane's GPS.

I really like having everything in one spot. I know when to dial in the next airport, can draw up intended method for entering the pattern, notes about TFRs, etc. In a small cockpit, less is better.

Attachments

• FlightPlanningMap.jpg
    FlightPlanningMap.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 16
Back