Favorite Recipe (For the cooks)

francisco collazos

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ciscovet
This should be fun!! For all those cooks out there, is there one recipe that you enjoy making that you would like to share please share it below..

Chicken w/ Mushroom sauce

I start with a couple of chicken breasts cut in even pieces. Salt and add a liberal amount of cracked pepper. Sautee the chicken breasts and add 1/2 sliced onion until brown. Add one teaspoon of thyme (fresh or dried) and cook another minute or so. Then add once can of cream of mushroom soup along with 1-2 cups of water. Cover and reduce heat to a slow simmer. Cook for 30-45 min until chicken is tender. Serve with white rice or noodles.

My favorite - can of campbells vegetarian vegetable soup made with 1/2 can of water and a 1/2 sleeve of saltine crackers. But I don't think that's what you mean.

Now when I actually cook, one of my favorites is scratch belgium waffles. I use egg whites for lifting and there's a bit of cornstarch in the batter so the waffle is light and the outer shell is slightly crispy. We have a very old Vitantonio waffle maker that is excellent quality, still keeps temperature, and makes great waffles. This one, it's not made anymore:
images

I also make a really good chilli. There's a little stew beef, a little hamburger and a lot of kidney beans because my parents were raised on depression era values. I've upped the hamburger over time. "Secret" ingredients are cocoa powder, coffee, and a low hops beer.

Our marinara sauce is a family recipe that my polish grandmother was taught by the local italian ladies in NJ...to make sure my grandfather and 3 growing boys didn't starve. I put it on around 9am and it's ready for supper. It's good, but she was already a really good cook and would add sliced kielbasa to the sauce as treat.

I have a bunch of videos cooking things that I've liked. To pick one though, maybe my favorite combo of location, ease of use and tastiness so far was the chicken kabobs...

a nice fatty steak.... ribeye or NY strip or similar..... a hot skillet with a little tallow to pre-lube it...and a few heavy pinches of salt
no pepper, no garlic, nothing.....just salt
Optional pat of real butter to top it off at the end
simple
can't hardly go wrong....good every time

Le Petit Dejeuner
Time: 2 minutes prep, 5 minutes cook
  • 1 package Pop-Tart
  1. Remove Pop-Tart from package and place in toaster
  2. Toast on medium low
  3. Remove from toaster and cool 1 minute

Shrimp scampi over angel hair pasta. The secret is virgin olive oil and butter,carful to not overcook the shrimp.

Grilled chicken wings. Soy and old bay marinade then grill slowing over 45 min.
609DAEB1-4942-44FB-AC25-3B6E3CA22EB1.jpeg 7999BBE1-0E5F-46A2-9693-B0348967D277.jpeg

ok, I'll share an easy one. Sloppy Joes.

1/2 medium red onion, chopped, fried translucent (about 1/2c chopped)
2 ribs celery, chopped, sauteed soft (about 1/4c chopped)
1lb ground beef, browned
1/2 c ketchup
8oz can tomato sauce
1T brown sugar
1T white vinegar
1/2t mustard powder
1/2t onion powder
1/4t garlic powder

add all ingredients, simmer
It's not fancy, but it's pretty authentic for old fashioned/country cooking

Back