Favorite On-Field Restaurant?

Could still organize a Colorado/West PoA outing to Amelia's...

I had talked to Jay a few months ago about a Colorado Pilots flyin down there, but the trip to Fredricksburg got selected instead. But POA would probably be much more fun!

Jay - what were your preferred dates?

Git to organizin'

Can't. Too busy. Just updated calendar.

Every weekend in February I'll either be at Petersen AFB or at South Metro Fire/Rescue HQ doing CAP stuff. Ugh! (Not that it won't be fun stuff, but man... busy month!)

IR rating?! I don't know how the h-e-double-hockey-sticks I'm going to keep that moving too, but I must...

Can't. Too busy. Just updated calendar.

I didn't say whine about it, I said organize it! Git busy. If not this spring then make it this summer. Jus' git it done. Sheesh, the friggin' IT department wants to say yea or neigh!

I didn't say whine about it, I said organize it! Git busy. If not this spring then make it this summer. Jus' git it done. Sheesh, the friggin' IT department wants to say yea or neigh!

LOL! Summer = Oshkosh.

Nothing else matters. ;)

Anybody mention Brenham Tx yet? 50's style diner, complete with waitresses with ponytails and poodle skirts. Milkshakes the way God intended them to be....

We ate at Todd's Restaurant in Tucson, AZ. at Ryan Field a while back and it was good. It is right on the field and the controllers are good. Taxie down B2 right to the parking lot....

The Air Base Cafe at KTMK, not because it has exceptional food, (it doesn't), or great prices, (they aren't), but because just through the door is one of the nicest selections of airplanes anywhere, the Tillamook Air Museum. Housed in a blimp hangar this is not to be missed.

Yes, We-B-Smokin BBQ is right on the field at K81, Miami County, Ks. Sunday is breakfast only, no BBQ.

Yes, We-B-Smokin BBQ is right on the field at K81, Miami County, Ks. Sunday is breakfast only, no BBQ.

Hi SCarlson...... Welcome to the Zoo... and POA too .;);).

I usually say "don't feed the animals, but since you brought up BBQ and breakfast and I am hungry, in this case it is OK to feed the animals.:yesnod::rofl:

Sadly, I learned that Campy's Country Kettle restaurant in Swanzey, NH (a 5 minute walk from the gate at Keene, NH (KEEN) has closed. -Skip

But only if you're feeding them M&M's.

And yes, Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome. In these parts we like We- B- Smokin, The Hutchinson Steak House, Enrique's at Ponca.

Another good one is Stearman Grill at 1K1, Stearman Field, in Benton, Ks. I will eat there this evening.

All of these places are in sight of the runway.

Back