Favorite FIRC?

When I used to do them I always used gleim, some of the others force a slow pace.

I've used American Flyers for the last 3 or 4 times. One time fee for the online portion. Print your cert and take it to the FSDO or for a fee they will authorize it and do the FAA paperwork for you. Mine is due in March, I plan on using them again.

I've used American Flyers for the last 3 or 4 times. One time fee for the online portion. Print your cert and take it to the FSDO or for a fee they will authorize it and do the FAA paperwork for you. Mine is due in March, I plan on using them again.
I changed to this from AOPA's online program last year and I'm never going back. Despite American Flyers' tedious textual material, you can skip it as needed and cut right to the chase (test), I found it to be the quickest, most painless way to renew.

dtuuri

Another vote for Gleim. I really like the book you download one section at a time as a reference tool.

Has anyone tried the new online FIRC relased by King Schools last year?

I hadn't done an online course in a long time until this year and for whatever reason selected Gleim. It was fine. A little heavy on the acronyms in the CRM section but I'll bet all of them are like that. Since I hadn't done an online course in years all the Sport Pilot stuff was new to me so it's probably a good thing I did it this way.

Used Gleim for years. My favorite.

I've used Gleim the last five or six and liked it, but am going to try the American Flyers next time. They have a $75 special right now which is less than Gleim and good for life (at least for now!) I do like the printed materials that accompanied Gleim which I kept in a three-ring binder for reference each year. I was hopeful AF had something similar.

Back