Faro Headsets?

I've had one now for 8 months, and for a sub $200 headset its not bad. I can wear it for 2 hours and still be comfortable, and the aux input is nice.

I have two for passenger headsets which have been used a half dozen times or so. I think they are pretty high quality for what I paid ($165 each). The users have all been new flyers so I doubt they knew whether they were good or bad. They have gel ear seals, look good, sound quality is good. For a cheap spare set that's all I can ask for.

I have two for passenger headsets which have been used a half dozen times or so. I think they are pretty high quality for what I paid ($165 each). The users have all been new flyers so I doubt they knew whether they were good or bad. They have gel ear seals, look good, sound quality is good. For a cheap spare set that's all I can ask for.

Thanxs for the pirep!

They are ok for the price. The aux input is only good for listening though. No phone/iPad/recorder integration. Head clamping is pretty tight, and they use a really large headband. The hardware/electronics is acceptable. The ear "gels" they use are not gel, they are viscous foam, however the double thickness provides a higher passive db reduction, but increases that painful head clamping over time. Overall, a good headset for the price.

I think it's funny that someone called it a "DC clampy clone". Even though most headsets may LOOK alike, let me assure you that none of them are, other than the China imports -{100 dollar headset} like the ones that say "engineered in the US" and such.

There are 3 US companies, including ours, that manufacture a traditional style design of headset - because it's broadly accepted - that have better speakers, microphones, compression force and even better metals/plastics that any other maker ever could. As an example, our microphone is one of the best on the market, but you wouldn't know that looking at it. So calling that style - also our style - of headset a "clone" is inaccurate. That's like calling the Tesla Roadster and the Lotus Elise, the same car. They may look alike, but they ain't!

Sorry to take it personally, but it's my business to. :)

Last edited:
Back