FAR updates source

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
So, I am doing a flight review tomorrow night with a person that has not flown in 4 years. He is specifically asking about FAR's that have changed in the last 4 years. I did a google search and could not find anything specifically. Does any one know of a source of changes that I could have him look at?

Thanks,

David

So, I am doing a flight review tomorrow night with a person that has not flown in 4 years. He is specifically asking about FAR's that have changed in the last 4 years. I did a google search and could not find anything specifically. Does any one know of a source of changes that I could have him look at?

Thanks,

David

Somewhat tedious, but go to the ecfr.gov page for the section you're interested in and search by year.

For example, for part 61, go to:

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-id...e&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title14/14cfr61_main_02.tpl

and search the page for "2012". You'll find the reference to the source document, i.e. the federal register reference. The go to Federalregister.gov, look up the reference, and find the change.

I'd focus just on the parts of part 61 and 91 that apply to your client. For example, in part 61 you'll notice the reference to the updated ATP requirements. Probably not worth discussing unless he's planning to pursue his ATP.

Another option is to search the federal register for final rules associated with part 61 and 91. Still tedious.

I will check it out. I have this feeling it may be too tedious though. We'll see.

David

another site.....the FAA has a library (not official - eCFR is the official) that can be searched by historical CFR- "by amendment". You could go back thru the amendments, for each rule (61, 91, etc....) 4 years and look at the changes from there.

Last edited:
Back