Fantastic Landing Video

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Yeah - pretty cool. It is neat to see the big boys still go through essentially the same checks and procedures as us little guys. (Or maybe it's the other way around?)

Do you guys have as much trouble not passing the 757 on the parallel? :smilewinkgrin:

Well if we bring it down to say 2200 rpm and a notch of flaps its not really a problem. Plus who ever is in the left seat can stick thier hand out the vent window for some extra drag if need be.:rolleyes:

It can be kinda fun when the controllers at Madison have you landing on 14, and ask for best speed to clear rwy 18 for landing airbus traffic.

That's an awesome video!

I wish I had a plane that was quiet enough to use those headsets.....well, at least I now know that I could overtake a 747-400 on final quite easily :D

-Felix

Well if we bring it down to say 2200 rpm and a notch of flaps its not really a problem. Plus who ever is in the left seat can stick thier hand out the vent window for some extra drag if need be.:rolleyes:

LOL!! :yes: Just need a bit of right rudder to keep the nose pointing down the runway.

Unfortuately the silicon gods that run the Corporate IT have deemed this site "banned", have to wait till I'm home to see it.

Gary

LOL!! :yes: Just need a bit of right rudder to keep the nose pointing down the runway.

Unfortuately the silicon gods that run the Corporate IT have deemed this site "banned", have to wait till I'm home to see it.

Gary
They banned a site called "Laughing Squid"? That's an insult to the Navy!

They banned a site called "Laughing Squid"? That's an insult to the Navy!

I have no idea what criteria they use to ban sites from viewing while at work. For quite a while POA was on the banned list. It took a sightseeing flight with one of the IT folks (and a bit of negotiation) to get POA back on my "viewable" list.

Gary

I have no idea what criteria they use to ban sites from viewing while at work. For quite a while POA was on the banned list. It took a sightseeing flight with one of the IT folks (and a bit of negotiation) to get POA back on my "viewable" list.

Gary

Obviously you didn't let him see the spin zone. :D :D :D

Gary
Their criteria may be a bit skewed. If you look at some of the comments between Jesse, Tony and Felix... one might suspect this site was based in San Francisco. :D

Great videos. I found it interesting that they briefed their departure altitudes in feet, not meters, considering they were flying in the UK and departing Heathrow!

Thanks for sharing!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

sba55 said:
...well, at least I now know that I could overtake a 747-400 on final quite easily :D

-Felix

Done it! :smile: They even had the early lead on us as they were over the marker established on about a 9 million mile final when we got turned on just outside the marker for the visual, but we still beat 'em and were established early! Long live the Mighty Beech!

Great videos. I found it interesting that they briefed their departure altitudes in feet, not meters, considering they were flying in the UK and departing Heathrow!

Thanks for sharing!

Don't they use English measurements (feet/inHg) in the UK?

Thanks for sharing!

The only place meters is widely used is Russia, all the "stans", you know kazakstahn, uzbekistan, etc.. and China.

Done it! :smile: They even had the early lead on us as they were over the marker established on about a 9 million mile final when we got turned on just outside the marker for the visual, but we still beat 'em and were established early! Long live the Mighty Beech!
Nice! Nothing beats a high gear speed! I'm just hoping they'll tell me to keep my speed up. 200 knots to the OM!

-Felix

Awsome vids. Cool to see how they follow the same things we are trained. Hmm a little over 360 Tons,... here we are in our cessna 127sp at just over 1 ton with full load. :yikes:

It can be kinda fun when the controllers at Madison have you landing on 14, and ask for best speed to clear rwy 18 for landing airbus traffic.

It's even better when, at night with the TRACON closed and ZAU in charge, ATC tells you that you're going to arrive at the same time as one of the Airbussen, but you have a crazy tailwind, 209 knots grounspeed, and smoke 'em to the field so bad that you're on the South Ramp with your flight bag packed up when they finally touch down. :D

Back