Family of Five Flies around the world

Australian aircraft of which I've never heard
Gipps Airvan? I've seem them in CAP livery, on highway patrol duty and providing aerial coverage for professional sports.

Gipps Airvan? I've seem them in CAP livery, on highway patrol duty and providing aerial coverage for professional sports.
CAP has one here at our local avionics shop. Goody looking thing. From a distance- Cessna 208. Getting closer looks like a weird 206. Closer yet and it just weird looking

At a former employer, we used GA-8s for aerial photography. Could easily haul big cameras, etc., etc. A real work horse.

I didn't click on the link but really, enough with the around the world shticks.........youngest boy......youngest girl........oldest man......oldest woman.........fatest man......entire family........entire family with dog.........entire family with dog and cat........entire family all wearing red shirts........jeezus chroist, does anyone care anymore? people fly around the world, great, we get it, it's been done before. good for you but nobody cares. or maybe they do, who knows.

A year-long family road trip? Seems like a nightmare.

Why do I think this has been done before...

1620.png

I didn't click on the link but really, enough with the around the world shticks.........youngest boy......youngest girl........oldest man......oldest woman.........fatest man......entire family........entire family with dog.........entire family with dog and cat........entire family all wearing red shirts........jeezus chroist, does anyone care anymore? people fly around the world, great, we get it, it's been done before. good for you but nobody cares. or maybe they do, who knows.
Exactly. Like they want a medal or what?

The article says they fly about 1 hour per day and only in vfr. I predict it will take 37 years to complete the trip.

They also haven't gone around the world, or have any concrete plans to. "Family flies around the Americas "is a more realistic title. I don't think I'd want to fly my family across the oceans in a piston single either.

Regarding the Airvan; as far as I know, there's only 3 piston singles capable of hauling at least 7 passengers: PA-32, C-207, and the GA-8. I seriously considered the GA-8, but they are new enough that they are still very expensive. 207's also command surprisingly high prices. The airvan is out of production now too and as short of a run as it had, I'd be nervous about the parts situation. They're kind of cool, a little like the Beaver, they surveyed Australian bush pilots and designed the plane around what they needed. It hauls a lot, doesn't need much runway, and can handle rough fields. Kind of a poor man's Caravan.

Back