FaceBook Terminated

But I decided not to friend anyone at work which has occasionally caused some accusations of being anti-social.

I made the decision not to "friend" employees, for (what I think are) obvious reasons -- yet I still get the "how come you won't answer my friend request" questions.

I also decided to only "friend" people I could pick out of a police line-up. In my business I meet a lot of pilots, and get a lot of friend requests from people I could not identify in ANY way -- not even their race or nationality. To me, that's not a "friend". Heck, that's not even an acquaintance.

On the flipside, I know lots of people with literally THOUSANDS of "friends" on Facebook, so to each, his own, I guess.

Is really easy to block all the crap, I keep up with family way down south, but I do t see every single crap they post, I have a empty wall every day, if I want to see what they doing I actually have to go and look for it, also all settings to private and you good to go.
Hey Jay I still have to make to the Amelia's, we just got a beach condo in Galveston and flying to kgls and having beach across the street have keeped me away from doing it, but is in short order, we are going to the keys for 15 days in the Comanche in few weeks.;)

Last edited:
I made the decision not to "friend" employees, for (what I think are) obvious reasons -- yet I still get the "how come you won't answer my friend request" questions.
I'm not anyone's supervisor and I know many of the pilots share things with each other on Facebook. I would just prefer to keep my work life separate from my personal life, so maybe I am a little anti-social in that respect. The other reason is that I cannot stand office drama, which I know they share with each other.

I rediscovered a part of my past through Facebook. I know others aren't interested in doing that, though.

I recently reunited with folks from when I was living in a tiny town, who I knew from when I was 5-18yrs old. We are having a wonderful time! All those arrogant idiots from back then have grown up and are now decent people! It really is enlightening. We are sharing so much, most of which I never imagined I would find out til after it was all over.

On the flipside, I know lots of people with literally THOUSANDS of "friends" on Facebook, so to each, his own, I guess.

I was surprised to learn the current record is about 6200 friends.
I have three. And two of them are on probation.

What's up with Clow?

As near as I can tell from the construction plans I found online, they are replacing the old dilapidated narrow asphalt runway with a new slightly wider concrete one, and adding a better taxi way. It's supposed to reopen in October according to the NOTAM.

Okay, I admit it. I was spending WAY TOO MUCH TIME on FaceBook. Last week, I ended that. No more FaceBook. Ever. Account gone. Does that mean that my addiction has switched back to PoA? :confused::rofl:

Congrats on the new found freedom.

I suspended my Facebook account last week instead of deleting it, only because I use Facebook Messenger a ton with my Nieces and Nephew. Not sure if I can keep Messenger contacts without the account.

I also decided to only "friend" people I could pick out of a police line-up. In my business I meet a lot of pilots, and get a lot of friend requests from people I could not identify in ANY way -- not even their race or nationality. To me, that's not a "friend". Heck, that's not even an acquaintance.
I was getting friend requests from people I had never even heard of, even though I'd never posted anything publicly and had my privacy settings on the highest level possible so that only friends could see my details. That made me suspect that FB auto-generates friend requests to bring users together in order to boost activity/revenue. No thanks, I value my privacy, so I deleted my account.

I find it a great way to keep in contact with friends who are spread out around the country. Works well for me.

Of course there is not, we all know that. But the "cost" is worth it.

The cost is time, if Facebook is worth it to any individual is up to them. I know it saves me more time in communications and prevents the butthurt of forgetting to tell someone when telling others something. FB has a lot of control features that with just a bit of effort you can dial in what you do and don't get reasonably well.

Is really easy to block all the crap, I keep up with family way down south, but I do t see every single crap they post, I have a empty wall every day, if I want to see what they doing I actually have to go and look for it, also all settings to private and you good to go.
Hey Jay I still have to make to the Amelia's, we just got a beach condo in Galveston and flying to kgls and having beach across the street have keeped me away from doing it, but is in short order, we are going to the keys for 15 days in the Comanche in few weeks.;)
Do you ever rent out the condo? Maybe we can swap out a couple of nights. We fly to Galveston all the time.

Just got back from LBX, Gulf Coast Regional. The new on field restaurant has opened, and it's good! Maybe we can meet there sometime?

Lewis is actually closer to home than Clow is and has more and wider runways. It's 12sm by car from Clow. They're moving and widening the old 50' runway and putting it in compliance with FAA separation standards. It'll still be asphalt, but will have real lights, not the candlesticks we had before, and will be level. They're raising the south end 8'. There was also talk of a beacon that was more than 2 flashlights and a weather reporting station, but I don't know if those were funded.

And there were a lot of good things about FaceBook, including reconnecting with old friends around the world and groups like Greg Brown's Student Pilot Pep Talk.

Back