FaceBook Terminated

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Okay, I admit it. I was spending WAY TOO MUCH TIME on FaceBook. Last week, I ended that. No more FaceBook. Ever. Account gone. Does that mean that my addiction has switched back to PoA? :confused::rofl:

Its still there.... waiting.....waiting for that moment when regret hits you.... waiting for you to miss all the game invitations...waiting for you to miss all your friends.... its there....waiting....... go on, you know you want it back.

Did a Facebookectomy years ago, don't miss it a bit.

how are people supposed to know what you're eating for dinner or what tv show you're currently watching. It's not fair to keep us in the dark.

Okay, I admit it. I was spending WAY TOO MUCH TIME on FaceBook. Last week, I ended that. No more FaceBook. Ever. Account gone. Does that mean that my addiction has switched back to PoA? :confused::rofl:

Right, Yoda was.

I'm curious as to why?

My wife posts several times a day and can't watch tv w/o playing a fb game on her laptop. Drives me crazy, but I bite my tongue.

Weird . . .

When I started reading this thread, a toothpaste commercial soundtrack started to play. No video, no new window. Other windows open are only email and another forum.

As soon as I hit the 'Post' button, it cut off in mid-word . . .

Glad to see you back, Grant! So, which airport has given you temporary political asylum?

Time to go flying. Oh, wait. 1C5 is closed, isn't it. :(

My only question is, "have you informed Leslie?" :rofl:

My family (immediate and extended) really does use it to keep up with everyone. It's nice to be able to see what everyone is up to. Nobody posts food pics or status updates that say they're going to use the restroom and will brb.

I don't post much, but when I do, it is aviation related. I'd really love to get rid of it, but I'd miss seeing everything going on with the family.

My family (immediate and extended) really does use it to keep up with everyone. It's nice to be able to see what everyone is up to. Nobody posts food pics or status updates that say they're going to use the restroom and will brb.

I don't post much, but when I do, it is aviation related. I'd really love to get rid of it, but I'd miss seeing everything going on with the family.

Yeah, I have friends and family scattered around the globe. FB really has revolutionized being able to keep up.

I just hate how Facebook has become a platform for all of my liberal friends to tell me how evil I am for disagreeing with their latest cause du jour.

Facebook? What's that?

:D

Seriously, I have never had a Facebook account and never will. I know many people that are hopelessly addicted to it, and that little twerp Zuckerberg is laughing all the way to the bank. If my friends and family want to keep in touch with me, they all know my phone number and email address.

JMHO.

Manage your FB account in a sensible manor, It's how I share pictures with family and friends.

And they with me.

Most of the family have E-mail accounts they do business with. FB doesn't clutter their E-mail with family stuff.

Pick your friends carefully.

"unfriend" is your friend, :)

Facebook? What's that?

Seriously, I have never had a Facebook account and never will. I know many people that are hopelessly addicted to it, and that little twerp Zuckerberg is laughing all the way to the bank. If my friends and family want to keep in touch with me, they all know my phone number and email address.

JMHO.
It's kinda like Alcohol, some can handle it, some can't.

Its just like email or the internet in general, there is useful stuff and there is crap, you just filter/ignore. Do I cancel my email because I get spam? Do I cancel my internet so I don't see any ads? Facebook is just another tool, use it or leave it on the shelf.
This is a cool flying related 'community' on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/ranchpilot777?fref=ts
I don't even think you have to have an account to view it.

I just hate how Facebook has become a platform for all of my liberal friends to tell me how evil I am for disagreeing with their latest cause du jour.

Un-following them or un-friending them usually solves that problem.

I did grudgingly set up a Facebook a couple of years ago for reasons I won't get in to right now, and I've actually been playing with it, but I don't find it to be a time waster. I have some "friends" (neutral people I knew years ago but don't interact with normally) and 99% of their crap isn't worth reading to begin with, and I generally don't post stuff up, so I'm not sure how I could fill up blocks of time with it.

POA now, is a different matter.

I thought you could only "disable"? You will be back! I tried that once before.

Yeah, I have friends and family scattered around the globe. FB really has revolutionized being able to keep up.

Eliminated the chore of having to send Christmas Cards to stay in touch with far flung friends and family. Now you can stay "in contact" enough with FaceBook to always be able to mooch a meal or a bed when travelling in their town.

I don't know how it could require "too much" time, takes 60 seconds to catch up with a day's activity, or, skip a week, and nothing was actually missed.

I used to be a Never Facebook person.

Now that I understand how to control FB and use it as a tool to help me, I get a lot out of it. I really enjoy it and it has been very useful and fun.

If you give up on it or feel like it is harming your life, I posit that there are things you can do to regain control of it so that it is a positive in your net experience. Just have to learn those things about it and want to spend the effort.

Irony: quitting FaceBook, and then posting about it on an internet forum (ie another social media application)

Facebook can be very useful,most people become fixated with it. Causing the problem.

I got sick of the barrage of "my wife/boyfriend/kids/whatever are the best", all the other cyber quasi-PDA crap. Anyone who posted **** like that, got "silenced." Then I when I realzied I was down to so few people that would show up in my feed, I said this is stupid, if I want to chat with someone, I will call them on the phone. If I want to grab dinner with someone, I will call them on the phone. If I want to (whatever) I will call them on the phone. So I killed facebook off when it got to that point.

Facebook, ironically, has made socializing more impersonal.

I'm based now (temporarily) at KLOT, Romeoville/Lewis University.

Am I the only one here who finds it quite bizarre that someone is posting on-line about quitting posting on-line?

:)

Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, POA, VAF -- they are all time sucks. In my line of work, where I go from insanely busy to dead and back three times an hour, the short-attention span nature of on-line entertainment is perfect.

Facebook was fun back in the day that it was just high school and college kids. Once the real world people got involved in it, it lost anything that was fun about it

Facebook? What's that?

JMHO.

Ditto.

I once succeeded in not checking FB for almost an hour. It was horrible. I'll never do THAT again.

Seriously however, I do like Facebook and think it is a great form of entertainment and a great way to make, develop and keep friendships all over the world.

I'm always surprised at the hate directed toward Facebook. NOTHING has kept my far-flung family more in touch than that wonderful, free app.

Everything in moderation.

Facebook was fun back in the day that it was just high school and college kids. Once the real world people got involved in it, it lost anything that was fun about it

I'd say FB was cool when it was new to college and not an option for high school kids. Since then, I have been more and more annoyed by it each year. If there were not a few friends that I literally only keep up with through FB, I would have quit long ago.

Gave it up over a year ago. Don't miss it at all. I got sick of all the humblebrags. And what's worse, you fall into that trap yourself without even noticing. If you follow people on Facebook you might think life is one long vacation with photos of restaurant food, palm trees etc.

Plus, I couldn't stand the thought of NSA secretly thanking the Lord for every second we stupid humans give them an application where we told them everything from our sexlife to travel plans. I figured, if they want to find that out about me at least they'll have to work for it. Old school.

I rediscovered a part of my past through Facebook. I know others aren't interested in doing that, though.

But I decided not to friend anyone at work which has occasionally caused some accusations of being anti-social.

I'm always surprised at the hate directed toward Facebook. NOTHING has kept my far-flung family more in touch than that wonderful, free app.

Everything in moderation.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Back