Facebook buzzkill

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
So now I know how all the college kids felt when 30 and 40something lonely housewives started taking over facebook. I spend about 5 minutes every month looking at it. I just put in 2 of my monthly 5 and was horrified to see that my grandmother-in-law is posting about eating greek yogurt because of the beneficial organisms fighting off cancer or something. I'm not sure, because i couldn't finish the whole post. My attention was drawn to another post by her asking, of all people, my mom about bone spurs. Now, it's bad enough being friended by my mom, but grandmother-in-law? Shudddddddder. I'mo stick to POA.:cornut:

I have a facebook account, but under an alias. Only friends are kids, grandkids and one former neighbor. He never posts anything and neither do I. Simpler that way.

So now I know how all the college kids felt when 30 and 40something lonely housewives started taking over facebook. I spend about 5 minutes every month looking at it. I just put in 2 of my monthly 5 and was horrified to see that my grandmother-in-law is posting about eating greek yogurt because of the beneficial organisms fighting off cancer or something. I'm not sure, because i couldn't finish the whole post. My attention was drawn to another post by her asking, of all people, my mom about bone spurs. Now, it's bad enough being friended by my mom, but grandmother-in-law? Shudddddddder. I'mo stick to POA.:cornut:

I have a facebook account, but under an alias. Only friends are kids, grandkids and one former neighbor. He never posts anything and neither do I. Simpler that way.

Yeah, no doubt. I don't know why I unmasked on Facebook, but I keep all the privacy shields on full. I still don't really understand the hoopla about social media. Being plagued with requests to send someone a chicken for their farm, or help rub out the Peruvian ambassador? HEaring about grandma's dietary choices? Looking at pictures of EdFred's breakfast?? :hairraise:

On the other hand it was great for reconnecting with classmates in advance of the 40th reunion we had this past weekend. Oh, and ScottM posts almost as much there as he does here. :D

On the other hand it was great for reconnecting with classmates in advance of the 40th reunion we had this past weekend. Oh, and ScottM posts almost as much there as he does here. :D

Yeah, you know, I'm kinda skeptical about his claims of working. Doesn't seem like there's enough time in the day to hold a legit job AND post without cease on Facebook, POA and god knows where else.:D

On the other hand it was great for reconnecting with classmates in advance of the 40th reunion we had this past weekend.
I am also going to a reunion this summer based on reconnecting with people on FB. The weird thing is how many people remember me when I have no recollection of them. Of course that often happens in my current life too. :confused:

Back