FAASafety webinars

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
are the webinars available to view anytime after they are done? There is a one tomorrow that is on icing st a time that is just not compatible for me. I have not done any of them yet but looking forward to some!

are the webinars available to view anytime after they are done? There is a one tomorrow that is on icing st a time that is just not compatible for me. I have not done any of them yet but looking forward to some!
You got a link? I'd be interested in that...

I believe the only time that they are recorded is when the third party provider records them and makes them available. I do not believe the FAASTeam records them.

Tomorrow? Link you gave says Nov 12
Sorry. It’s a Monday but still work ties it up. I get a lot of emails of ones that are going on. They seem to sound pretty useful. There’s one about my on your own craft that you can do.

Safety and educational related videos:

FAASTeam videos here.

EAA videos here.

AOPA videos here.
Thanks. Does anyone else utilize or do these?? I looked at a couple and did one that had a test last night. Seems like they are helpful. Still figuring out how to get credit for some of them. Not sure if I have to be an AOPA member to get some of them certified?

Thanks. Does anyone else utilize or do these?? I looked at a couple and did one that had a test last night. Seems like they are helpful. Still figuring out how to get credit for some of them. Not sure if I have to be an AOPA member to get some of them certified?

The EAA webinars require you to register and attend the live meeting for at least 50 minutes to get the FAA Wings credit. I'm not sure what good they do, though. Maybe they can be used for CE credits?

AOPA Safety Institute videos are open / free to everyone. To get credit, you need an FAA Wings account. At the end, you are asked if you want Wings credit; if so, enter your Certificate number and Wings account email. I'm always logged in to AOPA so it autoloads my email, but I still have to enter my PPL number every time.

I received the same email and had to pass on it for the same reason... conflicts with work. :(

I think the AOPA seminars are pretty decent. The FAAST Team is hit or miss. I get a notification from someone named Delia Colvin at least once a month that is basically an infomercial for you to buy her weather stuff. Never heard of her until I started getting email notifications from the FAA. The link below is an example.

https://www.fly-rite.com/free-webinars
I joined in for one of these she gave as well. I guess the FAA allows this. It was a waste of time. On the other hand, I joined in on a webinar for ADS-B a few months back by someone else. It was very good and well laid out. I try to join them when I can. As the others said, they are hit and miss. I view them on my phone and if the content is good I put them on the tv through the Apple TV.

I think the AOPA seminars are pretty decent. The FAAST Team is hit or miss. I get a notification from someone named Delia Colvin at least once a month that is basically an infomercial for you to buy her weather stuff. Never heard of her until I started getting email notifications from the FAA. The link below is an example.

https://www.fly-rite.com/free-webinars

Been getting her crap for a few years now, seems like every week or two. Need to unsubscribe or something one of these days.

Been getting her crap for a few years now, seems like every week or two. Need to unsubscribe or something one of these days.

Wait two days, then send her a question about the program. Copy and use the same question every time. Delete the answer without opening it. Repeat after the next infomercial.

I joined in for one of these she gave as well. I guess the FAA allows this. It was a waste of time.
Complete waste of time. I "attended" one a couple of years ago, and left the webinar after a half hour or so when it became obvious that its only purpose was self-promotion. I still got an email informing me that I'd received credit for attending. Utterly brain-dead. :rolleyes:

Complete waste of time. I "attended" one a couple of years ago, and left the webinar after a half hour or so when it became obvious that its only purpose was self-promotion. I still got an email informing me that I'd received credit for attending. Utterly brain-dead. :rolleyes:

A couple years ago I actually corresponded with about something, think it was about setting up a seminar in our area here. She has a good background, ATC, but I wasn’t impressed with her “program”.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back