FAA Wings Question - Can't un-enroll?

Ryan2

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan2
Hi All,

Trying to get a phase of WINGS done - running up agianst a perplexing issue.

I am somehow enrolled a course ("Advanced Weather Flying with Sporty's"). I don't have access to this course and don't remember enrolling in it. But I can't figure out how to unenroll. (screenshot below)

Can anyone suggest anything?

upload_2022-8-11_20-32-34.png

Doesn’t really matter if you can’t unenroll. Find another course that interests you.

So it won't let me choose another course, that's the issue. Can't get rid of that one. Can't substitute another course.

Just did another "knowledge 1" course and it DIDN'T substitute for this "broken" one ....

Odd…I have a couple enrolled but not working on them. Never stopped me from enrolling in another. You may want to email the help link.

Yeah, it is very odd! I agree- normally can just choose something else, but this one seems to be "blocking" me. It's also taking up 2 slots in the advanced tab as well.

I did email them earlier, not sure how many days it'll take them to get back to me lol .....

Thank you anyway!

From the WINGS website:

Q. How do I withdraw from a course I've started?

Log on to your FAASafety.gov account. Click Courses & Events then My Courses. The courses in progress will be listed. Just click the Withdraw link and confirm your selection.

Have you clicked/tapped on the "Enrolled" link? When I do that with a course I have enrolled in, I come to a page with the course description with a "withdraw" link in the header.

upload_2022-8-12_7-38-3.png

Somorris & midlife - thanks for the replies. I had read the FAQ. This course doesn't appear in that list like it should.

midlife - that was something I hadn't tried. Unfortunately when I click into that page, it takes me to that same activities & courses page that Somorris suggested - and the offending course is not listed.

This must be a bug on their end. I don't think I'm just missing something at this point.

I did send an email to their technical team ... I'll update with the outcome.

Thanks anyway all for the assistance

The Wings website is in dire need of an overhaul. I really like the program, but the interface is from 15 years ago. Searching for seminars/webinars is also quite buggy. Hopefully their technical team can help. If you don't get a response in a few days, try reaching out to your local FAAST team rep, if you know who that is.

The Wings website is in dire need of an overhaul. I really like the program, but the interface is from 15 years ago. Searching for seminars/webinars is also quite buggy. Hopefully their technical team can help. If you don't get a response in a few days, try reaching out to your local FAAST team rep, if you know who that is.

The wings website is absolute garbage. I don’t use it, I don’t know anyone that does use it.

Back