FAA Test Results

shawjames

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
S. James
I just took my PAR knowledge test, I missed 9 questions of the 60. I am eager to study the questions I missed and prepare a discussion for my instructor... however I noticed my test report only contains area codes, and not the actual questions. I called the test center to see if I could get a copy of my test, and they said it is not possible. The test center was a PSI lasergrade.com place.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get additional information from PSI?

Congrats! Unfortunately they only show the area codes you missed not the actual quesiton.

I just took my PAR knowledge test, I missed 9 questions of the 60. I am eager to study the questions I missed and prepare a discussion for my instructor... however I noticed my test report only contains area codes, and not the actual questions. I called the test center to see if I could get a copy of my test, and they said it is not possible. The test center was a PSI lasergrade.com place.

Your learning statement codes can be looked up on here: http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/media/learningstatementreferenceguide.pdf

If you have one of the better study materials, they have mapped all their practice questions to the subject codes so you can go back and work on the stuff you possibly missed.

I just took an FAA knowledge exam, albeit at a CATS center, and the proctor specifically gave me an opportunity to review the questions I missed before logging out.

Did they do that for you?

Using my memory, and the subject codes, I was able to identify the missed questions.

If you have one of the better study materials, they have mapped all their practice questions to the subject codes so you can go back and work on the stuff you possibly missed.

Good idea, I think I can try that from my software.

Just curious, anyone know the reason they don't give you your full test?

Good idea, I think I can try that from my software.

Just curious, anyone know the reason they don't give you your full test?

They don't give away the test. You could easily share it with someone else who has not taken the test.

They do tell you the knowledge areas you missed. But not the specific question.
The new ACS replacing the PTS will provide better definition of failed subject areas to study.

As eetrojan stated. You should have been given the opportunity to view the questions you missed immediately after the completion of the test at both CATS and PSI. You only get to view them right there and can't leave the test center with any test questions.

Personally, I think you should move on. If its really that important it'll come up and you'll learn it then. Always better to move forward rather than back.

You only get to view them right there and can't leave the test center with any test questions.

Though your test result sheet (with the punch stamp) should list codes for the questions you missed. You can look up those codes and see which questions they were. The DPE can do the same.

Though your test result sheet (with the punch stamp) should list codes for the questions you missed. You can look up those codes and see which questions they were. The DPE can do the same.

I've found lists that translate the codes into subject areas, but haven't found a resource that translates the codes into one or more questions.

Do you have a link to one that lists codes and corresponding questions?

The codes can correspond to multiple questions. So you will never really know which question you got wrong. For example, the code PLT 192 refers to clouds - types/formation/resulting weather which there are multiple questions corresponding to this test code.

I've found lists that translate the codes into subject areas, but haven't found a resource that translates the codes into one or more questions.

Do you have a link to one that lists codes and corresponding questions?

I never found any real good website. I just googled the codes and found the exact questions I was looking for. I could potentially try to dig up the original paper from my PPL written (no idea where I put it after I finally passed the flight test) and look the codes up again and see what webpages I hit. If I remember, I will post back. If I don't, please don't hate me. ;)

They give you the codes for subject area, but the specific question isn't listed

Back