FAA medical

Globaldriver

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Globaldriver
I received a phone call from a pilot friend asking me a question. His question was he heard that when you apply for an faa medical that you are under “investigation” by the faa then hence you will receive an investigation letter from the faa in the mail. I have been getting medicals for over 20 years and have never received a letter. Has anybody else heard of this?

This is silly. Just silly.
If your "friend" is a pilot he would know, no? And the answer is no, in any case.

I received a phone call from a pilot friend asking me a question. His question was he heard that when you apply for an faa medical that you are under “investigation” by the faa then hence you will receive an investigation letter from the faa in the mail. I have been getting medicals for over 20 years and have never received a letter. Has anybody else heard of this?
Yes, technically speaking, the FAA considers you to be under investigation with respect to the application. It's not a wholesale investigation of your life or even your pilot history. When you go to MedXpress to fill in a medical application, before you get to the application itself, you come to this:

upload_2018-10-4_10-18-51.png

Yes, technically speaking, the FAA considers you to be under investigation with respect to the application. It's not a wholesale investigation of your life or even your pilot history. When you go to MedXpress to fill in a medical application, before you get to the application itself, you come to this:

View attachment 67793
I guess my question still lingers. My friend stated that he understood he would be getting a letter from the FAA stating he is under investigation. Is that true? I have been getting medicals for a very long time and have never received a letter and I have always received my medical directly from the AME. Am I under investigation even though I have my medical in hand?

Nonsense. Been getting medicals since ‘74 and never received anything until later in life with a couple medical issues.

Nonsense. Been getting medicals since ‘74 and never received anything until later in life with a couple medical issues.
That is what I thought. I have never heard of such a thing either, but you never know???

I got an phone offer for a "fixation" from an Indian tech support guy once....

Last edited:
I guess my question still lingers. My friend stated that he understood he would be getting a letter from the FAA stating he is under investigation. Is that true? I have been getting medicals for a very long time and have never received a letter and I have always received my medical directly from the AME. Am I under investigation even though I have my medical in hand?
Or did he get a letter because he did something he shouldn't have and now he's wondering how much trouble he is in? That's where my money is.

Or did he get a letter because he did something he shouldn't have and now he's wondering how much trouble he is in? That's where my money is.
How much money do you have on it? ;)

No. The notice in IACRA is it unless something amiss shows up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back