FAA Medical Records Request

E

E. Smith

Hello - Past diagnoses (ADHD, GAD) and have been asked to submit medical records from treating physicians along with HIMS Psychologist/Psychiatrist reports. I know I don't need to submit my FULL record, but what exactly pieces of it are they wanting? They don't want the full visit info.

Where ever did you get that notion? The Standard in FAA psychiatry is "any and all records".
Don't forget the pharmacy records, too....

The HIMS psychiatrist will insist on it, too.

Where ever did you get that notion? The Standard in FAA psychiatry is "any and all records".

Because the letter received states doctor's office notes, but NOT YOUR ENTIRE medical record.

The letter states doctor's office notes, but NOT YOUR ENTIRE medical record.

Post again, after the denial.....sigh. The discipline of psychiatry is the analysis of the entirely of behavior of the life of the pilot.
Sure you don't hospital need nurses notes, insurance records, hospital documentary notes....but you need every record from any of the licensed providers in your past.
That includes counselors' session notes.

Sure, you don't need the automatic boilerplate issued at the end of every visit....you need the professional's dictation, meds, which should contain
History, past medical history, social history, review of systems, exams, assessments and conclusions.

Believe what you wish. Post again, in year....

Attachments

• DetailedProgressNote(Def_04.12.22)03.31.24.pdf
    472.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Bruce why do you write in riddles...I have no idea what you are saying in this comment

That's not a riddle. For psychiatry, when FAA wants the record you CANNOT be selective about what you send. The standard for psychiatry is ANY AND ALL. That's pretty plain english. I do get the "cognitive discord" - if you're not ready for the answer "oh it can't be that..." And so is the FAA's attachment in the prior post.

If you don't send all the doc's notes...pharmacy record...etc you end up with a demand for the rest, and then if you still fail to do so, you get a denial. Takes a year (Crazy long).

And "My Chart" is NOT the medical record.

Attachments

• MyChart.Vs.Record06.14.22.pdf
    234 KB · Views: 33
  • MyChartPortal.Vs.C.Status06.09.22.pdf
    101.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
That's not a riddle. For psychiatry, when FAA wants the record you CANNOT be selective about what you send. The standard for psychiatry is ANY AND ALL. That's pretty plain english. I do get the cognitive disocrd- if you're not ready for the answer "oh it can't be that..." And so is the FAA's attachment in the prior post.

If you don't send all the doc's notes...pharmacy record...etc you end up with a demand for the rest, and then if you still fail to do so, you get a denail. Takes a year (Crazy long).
What's the process if those records cannot be obtained because the practice no longer exists? Pharmacy records and forensic psych?

What's the process if those records cannot be obtained because the practice no longer exists? Pharmacy records and forensic psych?
Note from the successor office that no such are avaiable.
Or, from teh state board that they no longer have a correspondence address for the doctor (who BTW is responbile for 7 years in most states, to have a mechanism to provde the record).

Back