FAA knowledge test creators...

Clark1961

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Display name:
So is this department filled with old coots who are good a screaming "but this stuff is important" even though the closest they get to aircraft operations is setting in an airliner to the other coast to see their grandkids?

Free beer to the first poster who can 'splain why they have to fly across the continent to see the grandkids...

Same people that write the exam questions for mechanical and electrical contractors exams...psychologists.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: They take the manuals and make up questions. The tests do nothing to test real world qualifications. Don't you love the ones with 4 correct answers and you have to pick the one which is most correct?

Same people that write the exam questions for mechanical and electrical contractors exams...psychologists.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: They take the manuals and make up questions. The tests do nothing to test real world qualifications. Don't you love the ones with 4 correct answers and you have to pick the one which is most correct?
I see you avoided the question about flying across the continent...

They fly across the country,because of guilt. The test writers don’t necessarily know the material,they take the reading materials,and compose test questions,from areas they are told are important. There major job is test creation.

I think it is a trick question. That department is in OKC, not DC (as implied by the travel of one coast to the other), isn't it?

So is this department filled with old coots who are good a screaming "but this stuff is important" even though the closest they get to aircraft operations is setting in an airliner to the other coast to see their grandkids?

Free beer to the first poster who can 'splain why they have to fly across the continent to see the grandkids...
Because they are to old to drive anymore.
The grandkids won't fly to see them.

That's two. Ya owe me two beers

I dunno. Some good answers here. I would hate to see a POAer welch on a beer offer. Things could get...messy.

They fly because the children moved as far away as possible. Make mine an amber ale, not too hoppy.

Oh, and I think the answer to your question has been answered. Most of them are probably not pilots and they certainly do not fly your airplane. So they have no idea how your avionics works and what is important to you. I felt the same way for ages about ADF and even VOR which is getting rarer and rarer.

I dunno. Some good answers here. I would hate to see a POAer welch on a beer offer. Things could get...messy.

They fly because the children moved as far away as possible. Make mine an amber ale, not too hoppy.
This is the only correct answer.

So is this department filled with old coots who are good a screaming "but this stuff is important" ...

Apparently it's filled with drunks, since they consider it important for pilots to memorize the reporting requirements of 61.15...

This is the only correct answer.

Bull. If his answer is correct then mine is even more so. You asked why they had to fly to the coast to visit the grandkids. My answer was that is where they live. Bflynn’s answer answers another question which is why the kids moved there. But that isn’t what you asked.

I think you owe all of POA a beer for your failure to understand your own question.

Bull. If his answer is correct then mine is even more so. You asked why they had to fly to the coast to visit the grandkids. My answer was that is where they live. Bflynn’s answer answers another question which is why the kids moved there. But that isn’t what you asked.

I think you owe all of POA a beer for your failure to understand your own question.
Your answer failed because it missed the point of why the offspring moved as far as they could from the parental units. This failure is aggravated by your insistence that your answer is correct when it is clearly wrong. Bailiff, whack his <redacted>.

Exactly! And the USCG license exams too!

Senior people in the FAA decide what content the exam questions should cover, but the actual questions are written by (in most cases) government contractors who just write questions based on the relevant pubs and have no experience with the actual subject.

Your answer failed because it missed the point of why the offspring moved as far as they could from the parental units. This failure is aggravated by your insistence that your answer is correct when it is clearly wrong. Bailiff, whack his <redacted>.

Your question did not ask why the kids moved. It asked why the parents have to travel to see them. If you want a detailed analysis, ask a detailed question.

Your failure to properly formulate a question does not absolve you of your beer debt. You will be held accountable if we ever meet up in an establishment where such beverage is served.

Two fails!
Dam. Guess I owe you two beers

EDIT: hold on, I read the whole thread. No beers for you. You been found guilty by a majority of your peers in this thread. You are hereby sentenced to one month without beer. You must not be within 100 feet of any establishment that serves or sells beer. You must submit to random inspections of your refrigirator.

Last edited:
Your question did not ask why the kids moved. It asked why the parents have to travel to see them. If you want a detailed analysis, ask a detailed question.

Your failure to properly formulate a question does not absolve you of your beer debt. You will be held accountable if we ever meet up in an establishment where such beverage is served.
SMDH, argumentative too. Baliff! Whack it twice. The offspring units could have been anywhere. The important information is that they were as far as possible from the parental units. Your continued, willful, and insistent failure to acknowledge the simple facts leaves us with no other conclusion than you must be a pilot.

EDIT: hold on, I read the whole thread. No beers for you. You been found guilty by a majority of your peers in this thread. You are hereby sentenced to one month without beer. You must not be within 100 feet of any establishment that serves or sells beer. You must submit to random inspections of your refrigirator.

You need to amend to allow him to be in such an establishment only if he is paying his debt to all of us he owes beer to. No need to punish the rest of us.

SMDH, argumentative too. Baliff! Whack it twice. The offspring units could have been anywhere. The important information is that they were as far as possible from the parental units. Your continued, willful, and insistent failure to acknowledge the simple facts leaves us with no other conclusion than you must be a pilot.

The jury does not seem to find your argument to be persuasive.

You had it right the first time. Changing your answer is always wrong.

I'm not sure about the answer, but I'm just betting there is an incontinence (in-CONTINENT) joke here somehow.

I scored 99% correct on the exam this morning. I'm right, ya'll are wrong. You owe me beers. neener-neener-neener <insert tongue-sticking-out-emoticon here>

Back