FAA IMC / VMC Club Meetings

Rgbeard

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rgbeard
I can already anticipate the response, but are these worthwhile?

The local FAA notices come to me, soliciting me to attend these in Chandler, AZ. Chandler is "just enough" of a drive away, that I'm not super-enthused about going to attend a meeting that begins at 7:30 PM.

Who on here has attended these? Impressions?

FWIW- the FAA doesn't sponsor or endorse these meetings, but they do send out notices through the FAA Safety Team (FAASTeam) as they are aviation safety related programs.

I haven't attended any meetings, but the concept makes sense and it's a good way to network with other pilots.

You get the opportunity to meet other pilots in your area.

FAA Wings events, AOPA ASI events, or the EAA VMC/IMC Club are all good sources of increasing one's knowledge. They are also great ways to meet other pilots. What's not to like?

I can already anticipate the response, but are these worthwhile?

The local FAA notices come to me, soliciting me to attend these in Chandler, AZ. Chandler is "just enough" of a drive away, that I'm not super-enthused about going to attend a meeting that begins at 7:30 PM.

Who on here has attended these? Impressions?

I attend the IMC club meetings, and they are useful. The scenarios are well thought out, and there is never a right or wrong answer. Its an opportunity to discuss the pros and cons of each approach. You can also subscribe to these through pilotworkshops.com.

Lucky for me, these meetings are held less than a mile from my house.

Sounds like potential source of good safety pilots as well for helping each other out to maintain currency.

Back